Were going to France!

Hmmm, Paris probably, i'd like to visit Normandy though. Is the Eiffel Tower cool?

While you're in Normandy you could also pay a visit to Brittany to check out the dolmens.

Oh, one thing I really recommend in Normandy are those little islands of which I can't remember the name :). Maybe Curu knows? Mont St. Michel is pretty cool too but it's very very crowded. The coastline is quite nice, many old WW2 bunkers (the Atlantic Wall) and a nice rocky shoreline.

Oh, and Lille isn't that for from Normandy either. It's a typical Flemish town (but in France) and very beautiful. Really worth paying a visit, especially for the architectural beauty, nice food (Flemish and French, best food in the world combined :P) and great shops (especially for music instruments).

(;)

Well, what the French call the "îles anglo-normandes" (the Channel Islands for the English) are a remnant from the Norman invasion ...

Anyway, I went to one of them: Guernsey ... it is very pleasant, but it is quite small, and part from Victor Hugo's house, there is not much to see ;)

Mount St Michel is beautiful, but as Klaas said, it is very crowded ... Avranches is great, but for another reason. There is the museum of WW2 and it is really something to see. Of course, you need a lot of time in France to see all that! ;)

I really wanted to go this summer, but I doubt I can now since I have a full-blown internship at Parker-Hannifin. Bof.

Come to Norway ... snow, skiing, lots of hot girls ... everything you ever wanted =)
That reminded me of a Monty Python sketch where Eric Idle is doing a political broadcast for the "Norwegian British Party", starts talking about the advantages of the Norwegian economy, and then says how "Norwegian girls will do anything for you, really, you just have to ask, and they know how to do it..." ;)

(;)

Well, it depends where you are ... it is definitely expensive to live in Paris (not as much as in London though) ... but outside large urban areas, life is not as expensive ... it is surely cheaper in France than it is in England or in Germany ... but it is more expensive in France than it is in Spain or Italy ... ;)

(:P

a lego set ??? good lord ... I haven't bought legos for at least 15 years ;)

I can tell you that a baguette costs € 0.75 ... that is US$ 0.90 ...

then, a liter of petrol costs € 1 .. that is US$1.20 (but that doesn't count since US oil has no tax and is subsidised ;) ) ...

what else ... ah ... 10 blank CDs cost € 5-6 ... ;) that's a good example :P