Can I help?

Petsuchos Ra

I filled out the application form. I would like to help as a brainstormer and concept artist. What I would bring to the team:

-creativity

-IMHO, good art skills :)

-IMHO, good ideas (see my posts in the eyecandy thread and suggestions thread)

If there is no more room on the team, I understand, I just would like to be 'officially' a part of the 0a.d. team. :D

Petsuchos Ra

Edited by Petsuchos Ra

I smell a flame!

-good ideas (see my posts in the eyecandy thread and suggestions thread)

*Cough* *Cough* (Oh sorry, that must be my Tuberculosis (jk))

I want to help too, actually. If I'm not already, that is.

I want to be Nathan (Historian) and David (Model-dude) 's annoying little B----, Please?

Oh, and Argalius's evil sidekick!

Playtester?

I don't think that's a propriete (SP?) joke to make, it's really a terrible diseas not something to make fun of.

I know, I'm doing an informative speech on the subject, so I understand what the disease is.

And it's spelled appropriate.

Sorry if I offended anyone!

Edited by Bakayaro

In terms of creativity and design - the 0AD Design Document has been in the works for more than 3 years headed up by the wonderful members of the Game Design department, and with 95% of the 400 page design document complete, there is not much left for brainstorming.

In terms of concept art - I wouldn't be the right person to talk to, wait for a reply from our concept artists to learn about their situation - however we have an ample body of concept artists already and new talent will not likely be picked up unless its either 1) very good (think color) or 2) very active. Speed is as an important factor as skill here. But basically as Quacker said (but in different words) - most of the conceptual work is behind us.

However, don't fear. If you are a creative thinker and conduct yourself proffesionally and maturely then there will be room for you as a beta tester or possibly QA tester - especially if you have unique ideas to resolve conflicts or gameplay. But for now we need to finish the game before we can test it.

Should this game even need any sort of official QA? If the various releases were just tested by active, trusted members already present in the community, the need for such people would be negated. Unless there was someone with significant enough experience to do it themselves, or to train others effectively.