Pee, Bree Pee.

Hi guys. I'm Breepee, surfing the web since '94. And the first thing I did in 2k5 was register here B)

IRL my name is Brent Huisman, I'm from the Netherlands, so my native thoung is Dutch, but I can read/write/speak English also, pretty well I guess. I can also read and understand a little German. I'm 17 summers young and one of my big hobbies is computing!

I'm surfing the web using a brand new dual Xeon system, built by my own hands B) I'll give some specs:

2x Xeon 2.4GHz @ 3.2GHz (16x200)

Asus PCH-DL 1.02 with only 512MB memory

Geforce FX 5900 XT with Zalman passive cooling

a grand total of 300GB storage space

and I think that that was the most interesting part of my system.

I think this covers the basics and the only thing I'd like to add is that 0AD WILL ROCK!!!!!!

Can't wait for it to come out (especially for linux)! If I can help you guys in any way on the game, I'll be glad too. Maybe I could compile/render some stuff. I can't code, only html and a little php. I can hack though at n00b level (well, sorta. using hexeditors and reshackers :D). So PH34R |\/|Y 1337 H4XX0R SK1LLZZZZZ!!!!

Welcome!

Cool. You seem to be a computer person. (try visiting the computer desk.)

"only" 512MB? I only have 256MB. (I have crap computers that came with their entire 40GB hard drives each filled with one partition for Windoze, so I need another hdd to install Linux on a decent computer. B) Just been playing with Knoppix and a full install on a 6 year old computer.)

Thank you all!

Dual CPU isn't really worth it if gaming is what you do. There are only few games which support multiple threads/cpu's so I don't have more frames per second than a P4 3200. The fun part is that during surfing, typing, gaming or whatever, I can perform the heaviest task without even noticing it. I'm an audiogeek so when converting my 100GB music library (just too see if I can gain 10 megabytes B)) from FLAC to APE I don't even notice it B) And this is when my memory falls a little short, 512MB is a littlebit too little for multiple heavy apps like playing Half Life 2 and rendering a homevideo to DVD or something at the same time (HL2 alone needs 700MB or so, so that's some heavy swapping B)).

So I seek to upgrade this to 1 or 2 GB. My next upgrade will also be a faster HDD, like a WD Raptor.

(to tell you the truth, this is all a preparation for 0AD! I just wanna make sure I can play it at the highest settings available! :D)

Well, I don't want to close everything before I do heavy tasks. I want to do everything simultaniously, that's why I have two Xeon's. I bought them a month ago and now I'm totally broke. So the memory will have to wait another few months. And I have many applications, especially games, which use over 512MB alone, so 1GB is no luxury (well, a computer is luxury, so what am I whining about).