The easiest way to stop smoking

No, I didn't start it over again. ;)

I am just quite curious about what I did was the easiest way. I participated on a website project where a community told me all day long that smoking is bad. I had to fill out habit cards and read them before going to bed. Also, I had to put the filters of smoked cigarettes into a glas and smell on it before going to bed. :cool:

What do you think?

:cool:

there are three good ways to stop smoking. First is not to start ;)

Second is to stop buying cigarettes or live in the Sahara desert ;)

Then, you have to oblige yourself to stop buying any kind of lighter, match, etc ... nothing to light a cigarette ;)

But there is perhaps a better way ... my step-father stopped smoking in 1993 after he saw my great-grand-father dying of throat cancer ... it is really horrible ... he died in terrible pain. the day after, my step-father stopped all of a sudden. He has not touched a single cigarette eversince. I guess the shock made him realize what it may do to himself...

The accumulative damage from smoking is such an effective deterrent I never intend to start. A few Biology classes were more than enough for me to realize that my body is going to deterriorate due to free radicals anyway, so there's no reason in the world I would give that process an extra shot in the arm by inhaling free radicals on a daily basis.

Argalius, to stop doing something "cold turkey" means to quit it completely from one point onwards. :cool:

Monthly I spend 8€, which is two packs of tobacco. I don't smoke filter cigarettes since I think they're disgusting, especially because of all the chemicals. We still have some small local tobacco factories here that don't use chemicals, so that's what I buy.

A pack of cigarettes here is about 4-5€, so it's really expensive.

Anyway you're right that the money can be spended a lot better :S