Growing Up, Were You Respectful Or Disrespectful To Your Par

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get along with my parents at all, so I guess I would say I am disrispectful. My parents are basically religion driven bigets who think they are better the nothers, and because I don't have fall in line like a good little sheep, they say I am going to hell...sooo, I don't really deal with my parents much ;)

When I say my parents here I mean my grandfather for the most part, as my 'mom' (my grandmother) passed away....I had a decent relationship with her, until I turned 15 and learned that I could think for myself and didn't have to be brainwashed by my parents or their church. Was very liberating and all.

Whats funny is, my fiance is a PK (preachers kid) and has dealt with the same stuff I did, only ten fold. She, much like me, is barely on speaking terms with her parents.

Sad story ;)

Though how come you think that Church is brainwashing? I believe in God, and i think you should study the Bible and that stuff before you say its bull.

Though what about your real parents?

Because church is brainwashing? :) You actually listen to some guy in a suit who tells you that if you don't live life exactly like he tells you to, you are going to hell? Especially since history has told us he is probably one of the most amoral people IN the church.

Oh, and I have read the Bible. Remember, I was forced to go to church when I was young...I have been shoveled the same crap my entire life about religion and how if we don't do exactly what the sunday school teacher told us, and if we didn't except Jesus right then, we would go to hell. That's enough to scare any 8 year old in to believing anything you say, yet Christians use these kind of scare tactics daily to get little kids to "commit to the faith". It's really very sick.

Regardless, this thread isn't about religion, it's about parents ;)

Yes, one last thing:

You dont have to do what that guy tells you too, you just have to believe in Jesus. You should also know that your parent most likely did this because they LOVE you!!

Anyway, right now im disrespectful to my mom, she has called me down for dinner and yet, i sit here writing :)

Cya all, dinner time ;)

Thinking of it, ever since I was about 10 years old, I always went somehow against my parents. But this is because of something that made my life go worse and worse, and... actually, it is when I went against my parents will that everything got better! ;) So, in my head, if I know what I want, if I understand the situation, I can do better than anyone else.

When I was 10 years old, I had great problems at school. I asked to change school : no one wanted. And my life then became hell. This continued for long years, and never disappeared until I was 13. My parents saw that I fell down at some point, but they never understood.

Then, suddenly, when I finished my 8th grade, I fell on an advertisment about a special school, outside and far away, where I could do my next three years of school within two. My parents didn't want me to go there (they prefered that I went to a private school). But I insisted, and I finally entered it (we were about 40 to want to enter, I was one of the 7 chosen, and the only one out of them who never was invited to pass their exams!)...

Then, everything went better there. I was happy, no problems. Then, at 15, I entered College, and this was so great. But I was in Science (which I entered because my parents asked me to, sort of). And they didn't want to hear a lot about languages... But I began to be depressed. And this is when I understood : when I was chosing and accepting, I was feeling better. And when I wanted it, I could feel way better. This is what guides me now : I want it, I take it ;) And all those changes in my cursus, I always went against my parents. And those were the best choices I could ever do :)

This is why, in the end, I oppose a lot to my parents. I don't go against laws, I don't swear words to them. But, I go against their own will, and as long as I recall, I have always been happy when I chose myself! ;) And I think I never turned bad...

And Calefaction, tell yourself this : if one does not accept you as you are and want to be, he's not worth of you ;) And if you must go to hell, at least, you know that you'll be accepted there for what you were and wanted to be... I myself wouldn't go to some god if he didn't like me as I am and want to be. But I'll surely deeply honor one that do so. But... never found one :)