If you see a vote's results, it cancels your right to vote

Caedus

A poll gives two options:

1. Choosing to vote on something

2. Choosing to see the results by clicking on "See Results ('null voting')"

I think that the second option should show the results and still give the reader the possibility to vote, because that is what I see on other IPB/phpBB boards.

But when I click on "See Results" on these boards, then my vote (which is: 'voting null') gets saved an the system thinks that I've actually voted, thereby cancelling the possibility to make a 'real' vote.

Is this a bug, or has this been done on purpose?

Ok, but then it would be nice if people were informed of it (maybe describing it on the button). I didn't know this, so I've thrown away some of my votes.

Yes, but there is only so much you can put on a reasonably-sized button. :indifferent: The tooltip does say "View results, but forfeit your vote in this poll", but many people probably don't notice the tooltip. (I didn't until just now :worship:)

• 2 weeks later...

(beer.gif

It is too easy Caedus!!! If you choose to see the results first and vote after, you (or anybody else) might be tempted to vote like the majority. Hence a "false" vote ... it may not reflect people's real opinion about the vote ... if 30 people are against something and you are in facour, if you can see the results, you may be tempted to vote according to the main trend ... and not assert your opinion ! :)

• 2 weeks later...