Introduction To WFG Community Forums Features

Black Op

Becoming Member Of The Month

Here at Wildfire Games we select the Member of the Month every month (:P). The forumer that makes the most senseful posts, is really active and behaves greatly will get this title.

We will have nominees for each month that are picked out by the Community Team and then all forumers can vote.

The winner will receive 5 reputation points and the Member of the Month avatar that he can wear for one month.

Furthermore, a short interview with him will be provided in the "Congrats Thread".

Good luck everybody ! :P

Wildfire Games Community Forums Reputation System

How does it work?

The Reputation system basically allows you to give anonymous feedback on users' posts. If someone makes a helpful post, you can give them reputation points by clicking the +/- in the avatar space of the user. This will redirect you to a page where you can also submit some feedback on the post.

The feedback and reputation you receive will appear on a separated page when you click on the "Reputation" link in your avatar space.

Only people with 100 or more posts may use the reputation system and give other people reputation.

When I give someone reputation, how many Reputation points will they receive?

You always give one point of reputation when incrementing or decrementing someone's reputation.

Are the points I give deducted from my own reputation?

No. No points will be deducted from your own reputation score when you give someone else reputation.

Can people see how much Reputation I have?

Yes, however, they have to click your reputation rank in a post of yours to see that. When people only view a thread where you posted they will currently only see your reputation rank. People can also see who gave you what reputation and for what reasons. This is also shown in when you click on someone reputation rank.

Can I decrease someone's reputation anonymously?

No, you can't from November 11th 2004 on. Only positive reputation changes can be done anonymously.

Levels

These are the current levels (they can be seen in the avatar space of user, depending on his reputation) - they are most likely due to be changed in the future, though:

less than -10 - Outcast

-10 - Infamous

-05 - Mildly Deviant

000 - Neutral

005 - Notable

010 - Respectable

020 - Commendable

030 - Splendid

040 - Admirable

050 - Distinguished

060 - Illustrious

070 - Spectacular

080 - Glorious

090 - Renowned

100 - Beyond Repute

110 - marvellous

120 - Tremendous

130 - Sensational

140 - Extraordinary

150 - Magnificent

160 - Phenomenal

170 - Unequaled

Can I give as many people reputation as I like?

Yes, but there are some restrictions. You can currently only give reputation to 20 people per day, and you can give reputation to the same member only once a day.

How To Get A Custom Member Title ?

When you reach 500 posts you are able to edit your member title (WFG Enthusiast etc.). Just go to "My Controls" -> Edit Profile Info. There at the very top you will find an input field where you can type your new customized Member Title.

Special Pibs and Community Fame On Post Count

Here is the number and style of pibs and the Community Member Title that will be displayed if you hit a certain Post Count. Note that the pibs look differently at the 0ad and Tla portions of our Community Forums. :P

-------------

No pibs -- 0 posts -- Wildfire Games Member

pip.gif -- 10 posts -- Wildfire Games Enthusiast

pip.gifpip.gif -- 100 posts -- Wildfire Games Regular

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gif -- 200 posts -- Wildfire Games Fanatic

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif -- 400 posts -- Wildfire Games Drunk

piplvl2_5.gif -- 600 posts -- Wildfire Games Addict

piplvl2_6.gif -- 1000 posts -- Wildfire Games Guru

piplvl2_7.gif -- 5000 posts -- Wildfire Games Goblin

piplvl3_1.gif -- 6000 posts -- Wildfire Games Wizard

piplvl3_2.gif -- 7500 posts -- Wildfire Games Cult Member

piplvl3_3.gif -- 10000 posts -- Wildfire Games Victim

piplvl3_4.gif -- 12500 posts -- Wildfire Games Known-To-All

piplvl3_5.gif -- 15000 posts -- Wildfire Games Overlord

piplvl3_6.gif -- 20000 posts -- Wildfire Games Legend

-------------

Happy posting and good luck on earning fame within our community ! :P

Wildfire Games Username Colors Guide

Here is a small color guide so our new members can get familiar with the various username colors used on the Wildfire Forums.

Community Members

This is the Community Member Group. All people that are new to our Community Forums are within this group unless assigned to another one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Team

Community Administrator

Community Administrators keep the forums running smoothly, as well as managing the Community Guardians (moderators).

Senior Community Guardian

Senior Community Guardians make sure everyone stays on topic and within the Community Guidelines. They can moderate anywhere.

Junior Community Guardian

Junior Community Guardians make sure everyone stays on topic and within the Community Guidelines. They can only moderate the forums they are assigned to.

Community Guardian Recruit

Before someone becomes a full-fledged Junior Community Guardian, they have to pass the Guardian Recruit stage. While they are in the Guardian Recruit stage, they are assigned a bright orange color.

Development Team

Project Leader

These people are responsible for overseeing the development of Wildfire's games, 0 A.D. and The Last Alliance.

Department Leader

Department Leaders are responsible for overseeing various departments (Programming, for instance) within the projects.

0 A.D. / The Last Alliance Staff

Staff members (programmers, graphic artists, game designers, and so on) are assigned a light blue color. These are the people responsible for helping make Wildfire's games a reality.

Community V.I.P.

Community VIPs are "Core Members" of sorts, recruited from the gaming community. They are responsible for giving valuable community feedback and input on Wildfire's projects and concepts.

Also, forumers that have been long time members of the community get the VIP status to reward them and to get them some extra recognition.

Forum Abbreviations

As some of you may have seen a topic in General Chat a while ago about a help sheet, here is a final draft. This list has been composed from the ideas of members from the other thread.

Standard:

Afaiac-as far as I am concerned,

Brb-be right back,

Cya-see you,

G’day-aussie for ‘hello’,

Gmta-great minds think alike,

Iirc-if I recall correctly,

Imho-in my humble opinion,

L8r-later,

LOL-laughing out loud/lots of laughs,

ROFL-rolling on floor laughing,

LMAO-laughing my @#$%/buttox/hind quarters off,

ROFLMAO-rolling on floor laughing my @#$%/buttox/hind quarters off,

WTF-what the fudge,

OMG-oh my god,

BTW-by the way,

TTYL-talk to you later,

AFAIK- as far as I know,

JK-just kidding,

G2G-got to go,

STFU-shut the fudge up,

BAR-beyond all recognition,

Sp-spelling,

TOF-tons of fun,

Np-no problem,

Sup-what’s up?,

Thx-thanks,

Ttfn-ta ta for now,

RPG- Really Pathetic Gamer or Rocket Propelled Grenade or Role Playing Game,

Names:

0AD-0 AD... the game

AoE-Age of Empires

AoK-Age of Kings

HoI-Hall of Intellectuals

LotR-Lord of the Rings

FotR-Fellowship of the Rings

RotK-Return of the King

TTT-The Two Towers

RAW-Rome at War

TLA-The Last Alliance

WFG- a very popular community that is involved in creating games

EE-Empire Earth

RoN-Rise of Nations

HG-Heaven Games

AoM-Age of Mythology

Sil-The Silmarillion

UT-Unfinished Tales

HoME(I-XII)-History of Middle-Earth

HL2-Halflife 2

PS2-Playstation 2

If anyone wants an extreme version, please click here.

:P

Custom Avatars

How do I upload my own Avatar ?

Uploading custom avatars from your computer has been disabled, due to security and diskspace reasons regarding the Wildfire Games Servers. We maintain the right to change this at any time.

How can I have a custom avatar nevertheless?

Just go to My Controls -> Avatar Options and either pick one from the Avatar galleries or set up a remote-url avatar. You can do so by registering a free account at ImageShack through which you get an unlimit amount of free webspace. You can upload an image there which you can set up as your avatar on the forums.

Please keep in mind that the maximum size for remote-url avatars in 10 kilobytes. Any avatars that are bigger than that will be removed and a warning will be cast on the particular forum user