Talented in all but grammar

EKen132

The red ribbon title to WFG states we are "one of the most talented hobbyist Game Developer Studio". Oops, someone forget the "s" at the end of Studios, if you read it carefully, the sentence is incorrect. No offense to whoever wrote it, just pointing this out to make sure our site looks professional :P.

Now that I think about it: Here's another suggestion regarding this title.

When someone says "one of the most x" they usually don't leave it at that, they say "one of the most x in y". Y would be "the world" or something. When the title is just "one of the most talented hobbyist Game Developer Studios", that makes sense I think, but it's not a very common way to say it in English. Here's what I'd suggest

-one of the most talented hobbyist game developer studios ever

-one of the most talented hobbyist game developer studios on earth (not very humble :P)

-a very talented hobbyist game developer studio

-one of the most talented hobbyist game developer studios around

-one of the most talented hobbyist game developer studios out there

Man I'm really sorry to be such a nitpicker (that's Enarwaen's job :P ooh which reminds me.. naw that's off topic) but there was no actual year 0 A.D. as most of us know so a game being set around that "famous date" doesn't really make any sense. Just a thought... I aplogize once again for being Capt. Grammar :P.

(Captain Grammar Awwwaaaay!) :P

Man I'm really sorry to be such a nitpicker (that's Enarwaen's job :wine:  ooh which reminds me.. naw that's off topic) but there was no actual year 0 A.D. as most of us know so a game being set around that "famous date" doesn't really make any sense.  Just a thought... I aplogize once again for being Capt. Grammar :).

(Captain Grammar Awwwaaaay!) :indifferent:

I noticed that too a couple o months ago. Then I found this link:

http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/viewtopic.php?t=164

If you scroll down you'll read this:

* Are you aware that the year 0 A.D. did not technically exist?

Indeed. Think of 0 A.D. as a hypothetical time period that never existed. It is a snapshot in time where major players of the classical ages were placed in an observatory. This is your chance to see them 'duke it out'. Your job as the player is to create the hypothetical and recreate the historical.

To bad :worship:.

Good to know someone reads our FAQ :indifferent: rep up Caedus!

Welcome to Wildfire Games - one of the most talented hobbyist Game Developer Studios!

I read that last night and was going to correct it, but I couldn't figure out how to do it :worship:

Here is how I would put it:

Welcome to Wildfire Games - a talented, hobbyist, virtual, game developer!