Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
m7600

Portraits for Delenda Est

Recommended Posts

The new portraits match each other very well. If you're going to create a Leonidas I portrait, please note that the current Leonidas aspis and helmet is based on this (pardon the nudity on the first one):

92c335f40afcaedf4f1dd8f44f71e08d.jpg

It says "Early 6th century" so it's probably out of the date range of Empires Ascendant. Suggest that your portrait be resembling (once a willing modeler is ready) one of the Leonidas busts or statues. Have a drawing somewhere in the forums if you need inspiration:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spart hero Leonidas.

About the critiques for the previous portraits, don't worry, I'm reading them and I'm taking them into account. It's just that I want to have at least a work-in-progress for the entire series, and then I'll correct what needs to be corrected for each individual portrait.

spart_hero_leonidas_256x256.png

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rome hero Maximus (I think the actor filenames in the main game may be wrong, Marcellus is probably the old guy and Maximus is the other one)

rome_hero_maximus_256x256.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

Not sure about the iron/silver Corinthian.

As far i know all Corinthian helmets were made of bronze.

Good point. But that was imported from the game : P
I could make it bronze, but then it won't match the the game's actor : S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m7600 said:

Good point. But that was imported from the game : P
I could make it bronze, but then it won't match the the game's actor : S

I think the greatest objection is that he's wearing a Corinthian at all. Agis III is from the 330s BCE, when Corinthian helmets had fallen out of use for many decades. I'll see what I can do for him. Luckily, I've already replaced him with Cleomenes III, who has a more appropriate helmet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m7600 said:

Rome hero Marcellus.

rome_hero_marcellus_256x256.png

Republican Romans = clean shaven. Augustus, Titus, and Trajan = clean shaven. If I add Marcus Aurelius or Aurelian, then they have beards. :) I'd say all of the Greek heroes except Alexander should have beards. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, m7600 said:

About the critiques for the previous portraits, don't worry, I'm reading them and I'm taking them into account. It's just that I want to have at least a work-in-progress for the entire series, and then I'll correct what needs to be corrected for each individual portrait.

Definitely okay with me. I enjoy the process of iteration myself. Things can't be perfect on the first or second pass. (y) 

Also, many of the hero actors need updated anyway. The Athen/Spart (except Agis)/Theb/ Mace hero actors are all mostly complete. Roman ones need updated for sure (Republicans and Imperials use the same actors, no bueno). Iberian ones are okay. Gallic and Briton ones are okay. I might add Belgios to the Gauls to get some Galatian flavor in there. Cart ones are okay, I might add Mago the Great or Mago the Carthaginian or Hanno the Navigator or Xanthippus of Sparta as heroes for them. Persians are okay, though I might add Darius III Codomannus for them (unlock Cardaces units perhaps). Han Chinese heroes need updated for sure. Scythian and Xiongnu heroes not even created yet. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Definitely okay with me. I enjoy the process of iteration myself. Things can't be perfect on the first or second pass. (y) 

Also, many of the hero actors need updated anyway. The Athen/Spart (except Agis)/Theb/ Mace hero actors are all mostly complete. Roman ones need updated for sure (Republicans and Imperials use the same actors, no bueno). Iberian ones are okay. Gallic and Briton ones are okay. I might add Belgios to the Gauls to get some Galatian flavor in there. Cart ones are okay, I might add Mago the Great or Mago the Carthaginian or Hanno the Navigator or Xanthippus of Sparta as heroes for them. Persians are okay, though I might add Darius III Codomannus for them (unlock Cardaces units perhaps). Han Chinese heroes need updated for sure. Scythian and Xiongnu heroes not even created yet. 

Cool, thanks. I was thinking of focusing on the ones from the vanilla game for a first pass, and then make the ones that are exclusive to DE.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Cool, thanks. I was thinking of focusing on the ones from the vanilla game for a first pass, and then make the ones that are exclusive to DE.

That is fine. (y) Maybe just do Miltiades, Aristides, and Socrates for Athen, so I can use them to showcase a completed 5-piece set? 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...