New structures for the Zapotecs

Lopess

Here, offer my finished Zapotec "Range" model (but open as improvements, if requested). In the future, I can post new models here. I would like it to be added to the Delenda Est and Terra Magna mods: D. @ Stan`, @ wowgetoffyourcellphone (@ everyone who wants to take a look) Any comments I can correct?@ wowgetoffyourcellphone 

(@ everyone who wants to take a look) Any observations that I can correct?

Captura de tela de 2020-07-26 20-52-30.png

Captura de tela de 2020-07-26 20-52-40.png

range_zapo2.3.zip

Edited by Lopess
Add new corrected model 2.3
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, m7600 said:

You know, this makes me think about the other structures that other civs have: stables, elephant stable, and siege workshop. Obviously this is a problem for the Zapotecs, since they didn't have horse or elephants (but maybe they could still have a siege workshop?). So, instead of a stables, maybe they could have a unique building that trains fast infantry, like Eagle Warriors. It would be like an "advanced barracks" or something like that.
Have you thought about this problem, of the lack of horses and what to do to replace them?

Actually siege workshops can be an option, in terra magna mod there is the "ball court" that could be used as a barracks for advanced units. On the issue of horses I don't see such a problem: D nothing that spearmen and a special unit with hunter bonuses and good speed don't solve (without being historically wrong).

I did it in my personal mod with mayas.:brow:

Personally I do not see problems in civs very different from the others, I am not a competitive player. I would love to see civs with an emphasis on cavalry, economy, population, defenses or just infantry. Anyway, this just my idea.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, m7600 said:

So, instead of a stables, maybe they could have a unique building that trains fast infantry, like Eagle Warriors. It would be like an "advanced barracks" or something like that.

About historically accurate elite units (at most), I posted a little bit about it here

.I'm not a historian, so I always wonder if I miss something lol.
When the Zapotec script is deciphered it will be an incredible moment, there is a lot of information waiting to be revealed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, m7600 said:

I know, one of the factions (Zimbabweans) for the mod I'm making doesn't have cavalry either. What I meant to say is: if the Zapotecs don't have stables, do you think they could have a different, unique building?

I now understand! There are two very interesting structures in Monte Alban, Building J (observatory / record of military conquests) and that of the dancers (a building clearly aimed at military victories).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Personally I do not see problems in civs very different from the others, I am not a competitive player. I would love to see civs with an emphasis on cavalry, economy, population, defenses or just infantry. Anyway, this just my idea.

I agree.

I think it would be better to balance them around other civs from the americas.

Rather than to Rome or Persia.

28 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I now understand! There are two very interesting structures in Monte Alban, Building J (observatory / record of military conquests) and that of the dancers (a building clearly aimed at military victories).

Both are related to celebrating military victories so you could make the unique building train heroes.

If yo use the observatory one you could also give it a big LOS, and maybe a unique tech.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

I agree.

I think it would be better to balance them around other civs from the americas.

Rather than to Rome or Persia.

Both are related to celebrating military victories so you could make the unique building train heroes.

If yo use the observatory one you could also give it a big LOS, and maybe a unique tech.

I agree, however, I would not like to see them exclude them from the Magna Terra due to an alleged unavailability due to the geographic isolation that America was in at that time (I know that this was not mentioned is just something that I have already commented on on the forum)) About balancing, I understand that 0ad is a rts and everything is an abstraction (for example, the Zapotec buildings were all red), but I believe it would be cool to have more forms of victory, such as economic, cultural, etc. How to apply this, I have no idea.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:18 AM, Stan` said:

Looks good now. As always you can nitpick forever ^^ Maybe you could fix the wooden beams behind the targets for instance :) they kind of overlap each other

Hi @stan something else to be changed in the "range"? Maybe not desing? Can it be compromised? Maybe this can be discussed on github, I can try the siege workshop next time.

17 hours ago, Lopess said:

Thank you, if you have any ideas or references to follow when conducting the siege workshop, please send it to me it helps and motivates me.

On Zapotec siege, i think it would be more accurate to lose their wheeled ram (They did not use wheels).

Instead have a group of guys holding a log like Xiongnu ram.

So siege workshop could be a relatively simple structure with some tree trunks lying around.

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

On Zapotec siege, i think it would be more accurate to lose their wheeled ram (They did not use wheels).

Instead have a group of guys holding a log like Xiongnu ram.

So siege workshop could be a relatively simple structure with some tree trunks lying around.

It makes sense, perhaps with a shorter life, but quick to create and low cost. Something that was part of the wars in Mesoamerica was the burning of enemy buildings, perhaps that would be interesting to be represented in the 0ad.

Captura de tela de 2020-07-31 13-21-02.png

Edited by Lopess
Done quickly with the precolonial mod

10 minutes ago, Lopess said:

It makes sense, perhaps with a shorter life, but quick to create and low cost. Something that was part of the wars in Mesoamerica was the burning of enemy buildings, perhaps that would be interesting to be represented in the 0ad.

There is possibility to do this thanks to https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2281 https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2092 and so on @Freagarach @Stan`

• Like 1