Sign in to follow this  
m7600

Other games by Wildfire?

Hi.

So, I've searched through the forums, but I didn't find any existing topic on the subject (I probably missed them).

Does Wildfire have plans for other games? Don't get me wrong, 0 AD is a great game. I was just curious about other possible projects.

If so, would they be RTS, or do have plans to expand into other genres, such as RPG, city-builder, action-adventure, etc.?

• Like 1

The only plan I know of is "Part II" aka 0 A.D. : Empires Besieged which covers 1 500.

But for now not much has been done.

• Like 1

A few ideas:

1. Compress Empires Ascendant and Empires Besieged into one game. Then Part 2 can either be a Bronze Age game (New Kingdom Egypt, Judeans, Babylonians, Hittites, et al.) or a Medieval Age game (deputize and expand Millennium AD). So, the next project would be RTS.

2. My personal idea: An historical fight game. Think Super Street Fighter 2, but with historical warriors and characters. Arenas would be historical places, such as the top of the Acropolis, inside the Parthenon, inside the Roman Senate House, on top of the Great Wall of China, etc. etc. You choose your ethnicity (Greek, Chinese, Indian, Mayan, Roman, Celtic, Egyptian, etc.) and gender. Start as a bare bones warrior and earn Drachmae as you progress and buy new armor and weapons. All weapons and armor based on historical references and realism. Combat moves would be based on real combat techniques. 

3. This is my innovative "passion project" game: A "career advancement" game based on rising through the ranks of the army of one of Alexander's successors. It's a game where you start out as a simple soldier in a battalion formation, then you command a file within the battalion, and then you command the battalion. As battalion commander you then promote soldiers within your battalion and train them, leveling up as you progress. You command your battalion during battles and missions from a 3rd person POV, so that the squad, file, battalion is your character, like in an RPG. The battalion is your RPG character. In battle, you give it commands and do the tactics. And eventually you can "swap" into FPS mode to any one of the soldiers in your battalion and fight as you did at the beginning when you were just a lowly soldier.

Your battalion is just one battalion of many in the army, especially during a battle. Online battles would have teams of players, each using their own individual battalions, and they have to coordinate their efforts in the battle. 1 player can be the "general" of the team and see everything from a birds eye view like in Rome Total War, but can't command any actions, only act as a coordinator. Once you level up your battalion far enough, your battalion can be given silver shields and become a part of the Agema. Guess What the name of the game would be? ;) Expansions would add Roman and Persian armies.

22 minutes ago, Stan` said:

The only plan I know of is "Part II" aka 0 A.D. : Empires Besieged which covers 1 500.

But for now not much has been done.

A ton has been done. See: Delenda Est. ;) 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

A ton has been done. See: Delenda Est. ;) 

I don't see the art yet :D

31 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I don't see the art yet :D

I could make some, but they might end up in the limbo between being reviewed and being committed. :lmao:

Just joking...

...in a mean and spicey way lol :diablo:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, m7600 said:

I could make some, but they might end up in the limbo between being reviewed and being committed. 

I'm gonna commit some, was just giving @LordGood the time to actually review them :D Also I'd like @Nescio and  @Sundiata to agree on the elephant stable ^^

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

2. My personal idea: An historical fight game. Think Super Street Fighter 2, but with historical warriors and characters. Arenas would be historical places, such as the top of the Acropolis, inside the Parthenon, inside the Roman Senate House, on top of the Great Wall of China, etc. etc. You choose your ethnicity (Greek, Chinese, Indian, Mayan, Roman, Celtic, Egyptian, etc.) and gender. Start as a bare bones warrior and earn Drachmae as you progress and buy new armor and weapons. All weapons and armor based on historical references and realism. Combat moves would be based on real combat techniques. 

I like the idea. Would it be 3d or 2d?

On 7/27/2020 at 11:03 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

3. This is my innovative "passion project" game: A "career advancement" game based on rising through the ranks of the army of one of Alexander's successors.

That's actually a pretty good concept. Rather unique as well.

Even worth exploring. Any concrete plans on this?