Rating system fix.

vinme

we(good players) can give a much better ballpark rn for rank win/loss amounts idk what its based on but still its wrong rn :p. i suggest making it so that beating a below 250-275 rated than you would give 0 points and to balance winning as 250-275 less rated would give zero or near zero points as well to balance the cost/profit for higher ranked party.also i suggest rising the rating you get when you win vs someone who is same rated as you so cost/profit wise by which i mean playing higher rated is a cost(disadvantage) and lower rated is profit(advantage) (then balanced out by higher/lower rating win/loss) basically incentivize less rated games with large rating difference betwen players so a player will be incentivized to not play higher rated player or lower rated player rated becasue there will be minimal rating exchange and players will be incentivized to play their own level players which will make game more fun for everyone,remove the fake rating farming possibility period and generally balance out the ratings.

what do YOU think?

Dude, learn to paragraph (and avoid netspeak), this is unreadable.

Rating is fine, community is small and rated games are not common.

Biggest issue is stale players holding to their rating and not playing. Simplest solution is to decrease rating by X (e.g. 50) per month of inactive rated games against players at least 100 rating below.

This would be a mechanic similar to a 'season reset', not usually needed on active playerbases but I think would be applicable here.

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, badosu said:

Dude, learn to paragraph (and avoid netspeak), this is unreadable.

Rating is fine, community is small and rated games are not common.

Biggest issue is stale players holding to their rating and not playing. Simplest solution is to decrease rating by X (e.g. 50) per month of inactive rated games against players at least 100 rating below.

This would be a mechanic similar to a 'season reset', not usually needed on active playerbases but I think would be applicable here.

yes