[FIXED] Arch (Artix) Linux build broken

Greetings,

Been building the 0ad from git periodically for a while.  Using the aur (Arch User Repository) to do the build.  It had been working fine up until a month ago or so.  Now it is failing with this error:

==== Building Collada (release) ====
Creating obj/Collada_Release
precompiled.h
CommonConvert.cpp
DLL.cpp
GeomReindex.cpp
Decompose.cpp
Maths.cpp
PMDConvert.cpp
PSAConvert.cpp
StdSkeletons.cpp
XMLFix.cpp
precompiled.cpp
Linking Collada
/usr/bin/ld: ../../../libraries/source/fcollada/lib/libFColladaSR.a(FAXInstanceExport.o): in function `FArchiveXML::WritePhysicsRigidBodyInstance(FCDObject*, _xmlNode*)':
FAXInstanceExport.cpp:(.text+0xc46): undefined reference to `_xmlNode* FArchiveXML::AddPhysicsParameter<FMVector3, 0>(_xmlNode*, char const*, FCDParameterAnimatableT<FMVector3, 0>&)'
/usr/bin/ld: FAXInstanceExport.cpp:(.text+0xc5d): undefined reference to `_xmlNode* FArchiveXML::AddPhysicsParameter<FMVector3, 0>(_xmlNode*, char const*, FCDParameterAnimatableT<FMVector3, 0>&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Collada.make:94: ../../../binaries/system/libCollada.so] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:177: Collada] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

If anyone has any suggestions or clues, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

• navigo_ps91 changed the title to [FIXED] Arch (Artix) Linux build broken
10 hours ago, Clovisnox said:

Hello Navigo
I do encounter the same issue 

Would you be kind enough to explicit how to apply this patch ?

You're using the svn development version? @navigo_ps91's patch is basically the same as the proposed solution available at https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2745

If you have set up arcanist, you can use the following lines I run to update and recompile 0 A.D. with the patch: update0ad.sh

Alternatively, you can download and implement either patch manually.

Thanks for your answer Nescio 

Yes, i'm using the svn developpement version (revision 23785) and gcc (GCC) 10.1.0

Is the fix mainstreamed now ? Still can't compile on my side 

I don't know about arcanist but i can install and configure it if it's the solution 

Edited by Clovisnox

9 hours ago, Clovisnox said:

Thanks for your answer Nescio 

Yes, i'm using the svn developpement version (revision 23785) and gcc (GCC) 10.1.0

Is the fix mainstreamed now ? Still can't compile on my side 

No, D2745 is a proposal, it's not committed (yet).

9 hours ago, Clovisnox said:

I don't know about arcanist but i can install and configure it if it's the solution 

arcanist is a command line tool to interact with phabricator (the platform used for the development of 0 A.D.), allowing people to quickly upload, edit, or apply patches. Once properly set up, you can easily try out patches (e.g. D2745). If you don't intend to use arcanist in the future, I would recommend against installing it. arcanist is not the solution to the reported problem, D2745 is, and you don't really need arcanist, you can also apply patches manually. Or wait until the proposed fix is committed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clovisnox said:

Could you tell me how to apply it manually ? 

If you view the patch, you see which lines in which files are inserted or deleted. Look up and open those files in a text editor, make the listed changes (just copy and paste), save the files, and rebuild the game.

Afterwards you can undo your edits with:

svn revert -R *