Where WFG recruiting translators?

ViktorShahter

11 hours ago, Boudica said:

I once wanted to fix a few translations, but I didn't like how much personal info Transifex asks, to the point it discouraged me from creating an account. Why can't you just pick a username to suggest translation changes? -_-

Yes, I recall the transifex sign-up procedure to be rather off-puting, and shied away more than once. However, eventually I got so fed up with a particular translated string for the umpteenth time that I went ahead anyway. Afterwards I emptied all possible fields under https://www.transifex.com/user/settings/ so now the only data they (should) have is an e-mail, username, and password, none of them reflecting my real identity.

• Haha 1

I initially also only gave the basic information, but then when I log in, I'm presented with this unskippable screen asking to tell them more about myself. Well, and I don't want the information to be used for credits, so this doesn't make me want to fill it in either. Perhaps @GunChleoc knows a secret way to get around that screen. I understand that it's at least possible to clear the information later as @Nescio did. Thanks for the info.

My way around this might be that I created the account 8 years ago... They definitely have nothing from me except for username and e-mail address, and I can't remember them asking for anything else in such a manner that it couldn't be skipped. Even the "Full name" entry is empty on my account, and they don't have a phone number from me either.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:00 AM, Stan` said:

Can give fake info I guess. Info is used for credits though.

The translators.json file is updated only just before the next alpha is released. I don't know how, I suppose per script. There is only a "name" entry, though (other credits files also have a "nick"). By the way, "Nicolas Auvray" is listed under every single language, and:

{
                    "name": "Adrian Chaves"
                },
                {
                    "name": "Adri\u00e1n Chaves (Gallaecio)"
                },
                {
                    "name": "Adri\u00e1n Chaves Fern\u00e1ndez"
                },

seems to be three times the same person (\u00e1 = á).

On 6/14/2020 at 1:20 PM, Boudica said:

I'm presented with this unskippable screen asking to tell them more about myself.

Asking whether you're a student or business executive or something?

45 minutes ago, GunChleoc said:

Even the "Full name" entry is empty on my account, and they don't have a phone number from me either.

Same here.