1 possible reason for a Lag

Mr.lie

Hello,

I would like to inform you, that not always the game causes a lag, but the gamer himself B):

Today i played a match, which suddenly, after hours, gets an ugly lag. The whole time before it was again a joy playing and looking at the fantastic graphics, animation etc. So i was wondering why the lag occurs so suddenly (please excuse my bad English). So, i examined the map and found the reason on the islands. The guys and girls and the elephant where first on that place and gathering. Then i build the CC close to the quarry. After that the guys and girls and the elephant couldn't move themselves. After trying to move the the elephant to CC, at once, the lag disappears. Please watch the short video.

So, what can i say: it was my own fault to build the CC too close to the quarry. Not the game causes the lag. The stupid gamer. :self_hammer:

It could help to lower the lag but it will not help if units where obstructing themselves from movement.

That case would need unit pushing (there is differential somewhere) 

could you tell at which revision did you play and provide replay? 

Thank you

Edit: and no, it was game's fault, not gamer's

D14 probably won't help too much in this case (maybe a bit though). I expect the unitMotion rewrite already in svn to do much more good. It seems the problem here is that a lot of units clutter around the ele and keep pathing while they can reach the ele (due to the units standing in the way).

38 minutes ago, Angen said:

It could help to lower the lag but it will not help if units where obstructing themselves from movement.

That case would need unit pushing (there is differential somewhere) 

could you tell at which revision did you play and provide replay? 

Thank you

Edit: and no, it was game's fault, not gamer's

Hi,

i played Revision 23761.

Here is the replay:

commands.txtmetadata.json

After 57 minutes they build the CC on the islands, the lag occurs at 1:00:00

Thank you for your reply.