Campaign: Macedonia - Rise to Power + Balkan Campaign + Into Asia

45 minutes ago, vpereira said:

Hey, yes.. i will take a look what are the merge conflicts in the PR that I opened.. My kids played a lot it and they couldnt find any error, i.e error messages popping up while playing.. however I think we should change the AI in some cases, for instance first mission, the enemies could do more.. what do you think?

Glad your kids had fun with it! I will test loading each mission to see if there are errors, currently using your fork. You may as well merge that into main since it's the most recent.

I didn't know the API all that well when  making the first few missions so the AI doesn't do all that much beyond what Petra does. I have a created a wiki page in the github for suggestions for improvement, if you have any specifics, share there.

Two things?

1. Could we set it up that you lose if Phillip/Alexander dies? If I remember I had him die and I could still play

2. Do you think some sort of dialog could be added in game? When I tried a play through, I found it somewhat difficult (I kept forgetting what to do) furthermore it was somewhat bland on the story side of things, which is what I think is necessary for a campaign. I am more than willing to add the dialog, myself, if it's possible.

I'd also like to take a swing at the in between level descriptions to try to get them in a more narrative tone. If you'd like, I can show you what I mean.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 10:26 PM, ShadowOfHassen said:

Two things?

1. Could we set it up that you lose if Phillip/Alexander dies? If I remember I had him die and I could still play

2. Do you think some sort of dialog could be added in game? When I tried a play through, I found it somewhat difficult (I kept forgetting what to do) furthermore it was somewhat bland on the story side of things, which is what I think is necessary for a campaign. I am more than willing to add the dialog, myself, if it's possible.

I'd also like to take a swing at the in between level descriptions to try to get them in a more narrative tone. If you'd like, I can show you what I mean.

Do you have github? I am more than happy to add you as collaborator.

Of course, the player should lose if the hero dies, I just didn't get around to it.

If you want to just edit the writing, maybe join the github and start a new document with your versions, I am sure they could be better than mine.

About forgetting what to do, I've asked in another thread to see if anyone can point me to an example code for messages, similar to the ones that appear when a player has advanced to the next phase, etc. Then, I think it would help to periodically state the current objectives, similar to how it works in the C&C series.

4 hours ago, SciGuy42 said:

Do you have github? I am more than happy to add you as collaborator.

If you want to just edit the writing, maybe join the github and start a new document with your versions, I am sure they could be better than mine.

I have a github account (https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen) if you add me, I can start working on improved writing. Or I could just fork and do a PR. Whatever would be easier for you.

4 hours ago, SciGuy42 said:

About forgetting what to do, I've asked in another thread to see if anyone can point me to an example code for messages, similar to the ones that appear when a player has advanced to the next phase, etc. Then, I think it would help to periodically state the current objectives, similar to how it works in the C&C series.

Another thought is there's the kind of message that is used in the game's tutorial. You could use something like that to state objectives, or to transmit dialog. Personally, I'd like the side chat message box and flashing characters that Age of Empires 3 uses for some of their cut scenes.