Nerf interval of archer reloading.

Lion.Kanzen

23 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Kushites - 0 A.D. Design Document

Some archer unit look like machine guns.

But the sound! What will happen to the sound then?!

ClinkClinkclinkClinkClinkclinkClankClinkclinkClINKClinK

...do you hear it? I can hear it. Such a beautiful, all-permeating sound.

0ad may have other sounds - do not be distracted by them - those serve only serve to accentuate the ceaselessness of the Bow.

Accentuate? Nay, they are entirely too fleeting for that. The Bow unrelenting, unwavering nature does not need highlights. The Bow forms the substrate from which all other sound emerge.

ClinkclinkClinkCLINKclink

Lesser, unworthy games use sound waves. 0ad neophytes know of semiautomatic Bowstring waves.

Only True 0ad masters - only the Bow chosen champions - can experience the unbounded bliss, the amaranthine intensity, the deafening WALL OF SOUND of countless full-auto Bows focusing their might on the everlasting Ram.

oh actually it's everyone never mind.

clinknkClankClinkClink

Edited by theotherhiveking
  • Haha 1

In the templates you find two different times:

• <PrepareTime>: the point after  the start of the attack when the damage is actually inflicted.
  • <RepeatTime>: the duration of the attack (i.e. the time in between attacks).

The animation time is stretched to match the <RepeatTime>. I don't know how the sounds work.

@Alexandermb, @Stan`, is there an easy way to look up the real duration of attack animations? In some cases we might say gameplay trumps realism, but for e.g. animals I think it would be better to adjust the repeat time to the animation time, instead of vice versa.