How someone develop a mod?!

Peyman

hello there guys!

im a new member of this site and but i 've been playing 0ad .

i want to know if someone want's to develop a mod for this game what kind skills have to lern?!

what app i need ?

(i'm biomedical eng. pythone,c++ )

If you just want to change unit stats, knowing how to edit XML and JSON file is needed.

If you want to change how gameplay works, you will need JavaScript knowledge as well.

If you want to create art you will need 3D Software Knowledge (e.g. Blender) and 2D Software knowledge (e.g) and XML knowledge.

If you want to just use the current art assets to make more art, you just need XML knowledge.

Let me know if I can help.

you know !
i 'd love to build a mood to add two or three civilization , but i 'm not sure i can .
i 've got lots of paintings(artist) , but i 've worked pretty Amateur to design characters.
cilivs:

1.parthians

2.sarmats

3.cerete

4.japane

19 minutes ago, Stan` said:

If you just want to change unit stats, knowing how to edit XML and JSON file is needed.

If you want to change how gameplay works, you will need JavaScript knowledge as well.

If you want to create art you will need 3D Software Knowledge (e.g. Blender) and 2D Software knowledge (e.g) and XML knowledge.

If you want to just use the current art assets to make more art, you just need XML knowledge.

Let me know if I can help.

werry well!
i will start very soon!
persian thank:
mamnoon!(ممنون)

2 minutes ago, Peyman said:

you know !
i 'd love to build a mood to add two or three civilization , but i 'm not sure i can .
i 've got lots of paintings(artist) , but i 've worked pretty Amateur to design characters.
cilivs:

1.parthians

2.sarmats

3.cerete

4.japane

We have Planned Parthians. I can make that if you want contribute

Same with Sarmatians.

We have planned some Japanese (Yayoi period)

Bassically i have the mod for you.

Terra Magna.

• Like 1