Change settings to use TCP instead of UDP?

Maru

I keep having a lot of OOS. I always play two player coop vs one or two AIs and get OOS on about 3/4 of the games, especially if they last long.

This has been so since the first time I started playing 5 or so years ago. By now I would have thought things improved, both PCs using latest version directly from the 0AD website.

So, having tried a set of counter-measures and all sort of settings, including using different PCs, I would like to know if it's possible to use TCP instead of UDP? I know UDP is "faster" by skipping the some transport layer features, but with 1Gbit NICs (and even 100Mbit) should be enough or at least worth a try as an experiment.

Multiplayer using AI will OOS if one of the player gets disconnected and rejoin. This is because the AI isn't serialized properly. @Angen is/was working for a fix 

The only safe part is playing without AIs.

TCP won't change that

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the reply. I read in the forum that AIs have a long standing problem with serialization.

I was hoping TCP would make the logical connection more resilient to lost packets and thus avoid the disconnection situation that leads to OOS later.