Supply block notification

Twentycents

Hello everybody,

First of all, I wanted to thank the developers and contributors for this game since this is my first message on the forum. Me and my friend have been enjoying playing this game from time to time, and it's always a bunch of fun.

On to my suggestion then. While playing a LAN game with my friend the other day, we noticed there were no sound notification when a supply block occurs, nor is there when you try to produce an unit without the required amount of available supply. I just checked and the only signal that indicates that you must construct additional pylons houses is the flashing counter of supply, which in my opinion is not very noticeable on the screen. This is something you notice relatively fast, but it can make one lose some precious seconds. Having playing quite a few hours of RTS, I noticed that even such a notification on supply block, as annoying as it can get, barely even prevent you from getting supply blocked eventually. And without such sound, it's even worse :p

I have been looking in the settings and I did not notice anything that could fix this. However I am not an expert of the game nor did I read the planned improvements, so it is possible that I missed a tick box or something, in which case I would be glad to be shown the relevant option. I also made 2-3 searches on the forum but I did not see similar suggestions. (If such a post / suggestion already exists, well sorry)

I would be pleased to hear your thoughts on this feature. In my opinion, this is a really important feature for a RTS such as 0 A.D. What do you think ?

Version of the game : v0.23 (build 21935 - 2018-08-23)  -  Language : French

• Like 2