DerpHammer

Timnaka

13 minutes ago, Stan` said:

You can define them in templates I believe. so you can use whatever actors you want :)

Are you sure?
I tried looking through the templates of ranged units but i didn't find anything defining the projectile.

7 minutes ago, Timnaka said:

I tried creating my own templates but I keep getting this error.
They are in the right folder so I don't understand why the game can't find them.

error.png

Well here are few wiki pages about  templates https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Technology_Templates  https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Aura_Templates  https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Cheat_Templates  that  might  help a bit.

I've essentially just changed the names of the regular templates so I can modify those without changing the regular 0ad units (also I increased the speed at which corpses sink into the ground because my units lack death animations).
Then I set the modified templates as the parents for my units.

template_dh_unit.xml template_dh_unit_infantry.xml template_dh_unit_infantry_melee.xml template_dh_unit_infantry_melee_spearman.xml emp_soldier_spear.xml

1 minute ago, asterix said:

@Timnaka It could be bit more straightforward and easier for us to fix it if you  are willing to make github or gitlab repository.

I'll have to look into that then.

3 minutes ago, Stan` said:

add

<Promotion disable="" />

to the crossbowman, and try again :)

It works!
Thank you.
Do I need to add that to every military unit?
Because I played around a bit further and the issue only seems to happen if the entity is parented to "template_unit_infantry"image.thumb.png.0c4a3f1fc91658f21383b1463c1a9a48.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carltonus said:

For your war wagon, suggest that you either (1) add more horses, (2) replace them with oxen, or (3) replace them with humans pushing under or behind the wagon. It looks too heavy for two horses.

Two horses is how it is in warhammer though.
Granted, my version looks a bit bigger.
Whats up with these basic War Wagons? - Page 2 — Total War Forums

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timnaka said:

Two horses is how it is in warhammer though.
Granted, my version looks a bit bigger.

I see. Are you planning to keep polygons at a minimum, or hope for someone to remodel the wagon to make it the exact size as the figurine? Tower could be smaller and thinner. Barding would be appreciated too.

Edited by Carltonus

2 minutes ago, Carltonus said:

I see. Are you planning to keep polygons at a minimum, or hope for someone to remodel the wagon to make it the exact size as the figurine? Tower could be smaller and thinner. Barding would be appreciated too.

I plan on staying low on polygons, since I'm new to 3D modelling and this allows me to make faster progress. The low poly aesthethic also has a certain charm to it.
The horse models are just placeholder, I'm using the regular 0ad horses until I have made my own. Those will then get barding.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Oh Iove this one, are those dwarves ? If so I might add them to my reference list for my mod :)

Those are just regular humans, although it would also work perfectly for dwarfs.
Personally I plan to give minecart chariots to my dwarfs in DerpHammer.

• Like 1