Wonder: Colossus of Rhodes

2 hours ago, marius4 said:

good afternoon I would like to have your opinion this is the model that I propose for the colossus I have been creating it since we started this forum on the colossus I would also like to know which of the pedestals they like2142915050_nuevocoloso.thumb.png.ba074b22f5e7d1e0dfcd2975e1be55e7.png

I think left (8 sided), but tall like the right one.

2 hours ago, marius4 said:

here I leave the file so you can see itproyecto helios defini.rar

@Stan` How does this look? 

On 5/11/2020 at 4:49 AM, marius4 said:

I'm already in the task of doing it, I just need the opinion that I should carry in my left hand and what would be the round cotagonal pedestal, or retangular.

It would maybe be cool that there were like 2 or 3 depictions of the colossus due to the fact that we don't know for sure how the colossus was, and you could either build the one you liked the most (in case it was buildable) or randomly selected. In case it was a prop of some campaign, each time there was a different depiction of the colossus.

A lo mejor estaría bien que hubiese 2 o 3 representaciones del coloso, dado que no sabemos exactamente cómo fue, y que pudieses o escoger cuál construir (en el caso en que sea construible) o que se construyese una aleatoria. En el caso de que fuese un prop en un mapa de campaña, que cada vez apareciese una representación del coloso.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, Stan` said:

Well it clearly has too many polygons 930000 if you read the bottom right corner but it looks good. Id' like to know what license it is under though.

Maybe some retopology to reduce polygons? I might be wrong but I think that's sculpture so it must be triangulated, and if at some point we want to animate the colossus it would be better to have quads. Just saying.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, Stan` said:

Well it clearly has too many polygons 930000 if you read the bottom right corner but it looks good. Id' like to know what license it is under though.

Actually there are 3 colossus there, maybe that's why there are too many faces

@Pablinski2 Best choice for baking would be made a whole new low poly mesh following the shape of the colossus, though it wouldn't be easy on the cloth of the arm.

Also, can i use it to bake a normal map of a greek face on aspis shield so i can rebake this texture?

Spoiler

ptol_round_d_both.png

It wouldn't be 100% accurate but at least is something we could have for update it

Good afternoon, the license would be mine. I believe it. I will now say how I did it: the first step was to choose an avatar in makehuman that is free code, this program was chosen because it allows you to export a skeleton that allows you to mold the postures for blender.

later to make the cape I did it with a program called Marvelous designer the head if it is from a statue of Alexander the Great because the other programs give a more human faction.

I can make more models to choose from according to the images above. I would like to do the lowpoly and adapt it for the game but I do not know how to do it, what I can do is make the models and upload them and ask them for the favor that someone can adapt them for the game thank you for any concern please write me here or personally

That I do @Stan` I am a moderator on their forums though our base mesh is not low poly:dance2:there is a low poly proxy might have to figure out how to use 0ad's human skeleton MH does export to .dae BTW all output from MH is CC0 do what you want with.Any real technical questions join MH forums there is link to the wiki there as well "Docs and FAC" in the page header.Also might be useful for doing hero portraits as MH has good facial targets for modelling.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Thanks 1

good night these are the 3 colossi that I propose based on the images so that they can vote which of the three they want, you can also exchange the pedestals. I will send the winning 3d model here in this forum well if you like the models proposed here

los 3 conceptos de coloso con pedestales intercambiables.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great work so far ! I can take on the baking, and texturing. For that kind of piece, the polygon count is 25000 triangles cause it's a wonder, right ? But what about the texture size ? 512 seams small but the biggest ones that I saw in the game files are for whole civilisations. Maybe a 1024*1024 per wonder is good? Anyway, I'll use substance so we will see how much detail it's cramed into each one.

Edit: by pure curiosity, was the head sculpted from scratch or taken from a 3d scan. I was thinking that might not be a bad idea to get details.

Edited by MrLux
Additional curiosity
  • Thanks 1

Look at it this way. 1 single unit has a texture of 256x256 plus multiple other textures: 256x256x3 for hoplite shields, plus a 128x128x3 for helmets etc. And this wonder will be something like 25 times the size of a unit, and will be un-animated and not rigged. Then I think 3 1024x1024 textures would be permitted. What say you @Stan`?

Just to make a pause and share technical progress.

748001260_Colossusofrhodesproject1.thumb.png.849ee5bb35045122ec81c6f259a3cdaf.png

I have 1480 triangles for now. We are good, still good.

Edit:2051013064_01-later7.jpg.4e92594bf45227a067d9f4b5392f5911.jpg

1039962517_Colossusofrhodesretopo.thumb.png.c620f0c8eab94de6ce5171df473ae7aa.png

Abort mission, abort mission ! 3500 triangles and we are not finished. We need more dakka !

I'll get it, eventually

Edited by MrLux
random progress
  • Like 3