[request]: longer palisades

Nescio

27 minutes ago, Pablinski2 said:

Okay only thing I understood is where my dae files should go xdddd @Stan` and btw how do I update my game, when I download the magnet link it just check files from disk but the version I have is from 2018 xdd

You tried with SVN version?

Use Toirtoise SVN to download the code.

https://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

@Pablinski2 SVN is the game. If  you go into binaries/system/ you will find a file called pyrogenesis.exe (that's the game) if you run it you'll get A24.

If you put the mod in one of the places I mentioned above you will be able to select it in the mod selector, :) 

• Thanks 1

It's not that difficult:

• Open your local 0ad mods folder (location depends on your operating system, see here).
  • Create a new folder for your mod.
  • Insert a mod.json file.
  • Place all files you changed or added in the correct location in your mod folder.
  • Launch 0 A.D., go to “Settings” → “Mod Selection”, select your mod in the list, click “Enable”, then “Save Configuration”, and “Start Mods”.
  • Then you can try out every your mod does in game or in the scenario editor.
  • Once your satisfied, zip your mod folder and upload it here to the forums.
  • Like 1

Okay, I'm able to select the mod, but when I launch the mod and then the scenario editor I'm not able to load the palisades.

This is what I've done:

-Put the dae files and the .png in pablinskis_mod/art/meshes/props/

-I've renamed palisade_example.xml to palisade_curve_long.xml and changed a little bit it's code to this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<actor version="1">
  <castshadow/>
  <group>
    <variant frequency="100" name="Palisade Example">
      <animations/>
      <mesh>props/your_mesh_name.dae</mesh>
      <textures>
        <texture file="props/palisade_main.png" name="baseTex"/>
      </textures>
    </variant>
  </group>
  <material>default.xml</material>
</actor>

This is into pablinskis_mod/art/actors/props/special/

This is the last thing I tried but before doing this I tried several combinatios and couldn't figure out how it works :(@Stan`

18 hours ago, Pablinski2 said:

This is it, I think I'm not missing anything, except for the straight palisade, do I resize it too or is it going to be phased out?

Leave it untouched for now. I wouldn't mind seeing it deleted, but that's up to @Stan`.

18 hours ago, Pablinski2 said:

Captura de pantalla (334).png

Those new curved palisades look better than the old one!

For the gate, could you try the following? Take the current palisade*gate at the centre, place a palisade*tower at either side, then add ordinary palisades at the ends to bring it to the exact length of your new long palisade.

Also, if you're not bored yet, would you be willing to create a variant of the palisade*tower (i.e. corner), with the same height and diameter, but circular instead of square?

1 hour ago, Pablinski2 said:

the version I have is from 2018 xdd

In this case that's not a problem: the palisade art files were last changed eight years ago (12183).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

In the entities list switch the list to actors(all) 

That is after you've enabled, saved, and started your mod, opened the scenario editor (Atlas), and clicked on the “Entities” dropdown button:

atlas.png.2269e46c5e30d8d36eea23e359e72fba.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Those new curved palisades look better than the old one!

Thank you! :DD

22 minutes ago, Nescio said:

For the gate, could you try the following? Take the current palisade*gate at the centre, place a palisade*tower at either side, then add ordinary palisades at the ends to bring it to the exact length of your new long palisade.

Will do!

22 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Also, if you're not bored yet, would you be willing to create a variant of the palisade*tower (i.e. corner), with the same height and diameter, but circular instead of square?

Will try!

23 minutes ago, Stan` said:

In the entities list switch the list to actors(all) 

Did that, didn't work D: I think what I'm missing is where I should put what files exactly, I think this is what is wrong on my mod files D:

Also when i copied the code onto my last post about the .xml file I copied the unchanged code xddddd

2 minutes ago, Pablinski2 said:

Finally!!

I will add the towers to the gate @Nescio asked for and add it too. Btw, towers or watchtowers?

The palisade*tower actor (for walls “tower” means “corner”); the “*watchtower” is an ugly and misnamed thing that should be either redesigned or deleted; but that's another topic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Good Job! Now you can zip the folder and send it to us ;)

How do I send this? Here for example?

And btw a friend of mine who is a historian and a great fan and player of this game and me want to make another mod, we have 3 proposal for 3 diferent units, where do I ask which one to do? Should I make another thread?

I can't load the palisade gate bc it gives me the following error:

/route to the .dae file/ assertion not satisfied (line 569): failed requirement "mesh is made of triangles"

could not load /route to .dae/

CObjectEntry: :BuildVariation( ): Model /route to .dae/ failed to load

I don't have any idea on how to fix this.

Captura de pantalla (339).png