Possible to create commit with patch?

2 hours ago, badosu said:

Thank you for your contribution as said 

17 minutes ago, nani said:

Unfortunately (or not :)) someone already uploaded a similar patch fixing the same issue (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1587). You gotta check beforehand if an existing patch/trac issue already exist specially given 0ad trac record of bugs and patches on queue since 3+ years or so.

It is duplicate try maybe to look at some of the simple tickets.

Edited by asterix

You need to add a file to

binaries/data/mods/public/maps/random/tests

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/maps/random/tests

You have a few function called TS_ASSERT_* that will allow you to make sure things are working correctly.

To write tests try to think of all the cases that should happen ( and sometimes should'nt) and make sure it goes as expected.

Basically imagine the functions you wrote in the other file are used as black box.

21 minutes ago, badosu said:

Yes, that was my plan, but I ran `binaries/system/test --help-tests` and didn't find `test_RectPlacer` there.

Anyway, I'll try and find out if it's running and just not showing, thanks!

What OS are you on ? You might need DBGview for easier test debugging. (It will show the console output warnings and such)

As for why you didn't see it it's because it's embedded in scripts (there is one big test for all the js)