Help with packaged map previews

badosu

I am packaging my mod as such: `pyrogenesis -mod=balanced-maps -archivebuild=/home/badosu/Code/balanced-maps -archivebuild-output=balanced-maps.pyromod -archivebuild-compress`

When I do that, the `wrench.png` preview image is converted to `wrench.png.cached.dds`.

This is my `wrench.json` file: https://github.com/badosu/badmod/blob/master/maps/random/wrench.json#L6

When I try to select the wrench map on gamesetup I get the following crash:

tex_dds.cpp(446): Function call failed: return value was -120102 (Invalid/unsupported texture format)
Function call failed: return value was -120102 (Invalid/unsupported texture format)

If I change the map preview reference to `wrench.png.cached.dds` it also fails.

Any ideas? This is my preview image: https://github.com/badosu/badmod/blob/master/art/textures/ui/session/icons/mappreview/wrench.png

Strangely enough I noticed some of the community-maps preview images are not converted into cached.dds, however if I package community-maps on my own machine, they are all converted and fail to load the preview when selected on gamesetup, no crashes though.

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

add -mod=mod -mod=public before -mod=balanced-maps and try again.

The problem is you are missing some files called textures.xml

Also from what I can see your image preview is non power of two. That will crash on mac for sure, and maybe some other oses.

it's needs to be something like 256x256 1024x1024  :)

• Thanks 1