Art References: Suebian German Units (Shields, Weapons, Clothing)

wowgetoffyourcellphone

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone @Genava55 maybe a simple dot refering to the places were the player color shows on every pattern could help, since the references are just brown and kind purple, would that brown/purple zone will be the player color?

I think the player color should be the biggest area. The Germans were actually coloring their shields a lot, at least for the elites and the nobles.

I really suggest to focus on higher grade Germanic shields for the moment, it would be easier. So shields fully colored.

So in those examples I would suggest to use blue/red/green area as the player color

Escáner_20190812.png

Edit: by the way do not took in account the subdivision in basic/advanced/elite made on this draft, it was made without any consultation nor approval.
Shield boss + shield rims are actually not common.

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Genava55 said:

Edit: by the way do not took in account the subdivision in basic/advanced/elite made on this draft, it was made without any consultation nor approval.

Yes but those are props for the shields. That decision must be made by @wowgetoffyourcellphone when he edit the template.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

8 hours ago, Genava55 said:

I think the player color should be the biggest area. The Germans were actually coloring their shields a lot, at least for the elites and the nobles.

I really suggest to focus on higher grade Germanic shields for the moment, it would be easier. So shields fully colored.

So in those examples I would suggest to use blue/red/green area as the player color

Escáner_20190812.png

Yeah, these should be champion and hero shields. The citizen soldier shields can be less colorful versions of these with no boss or wooden boss.