Crash while playing a game

Carltonus

I was in the middle of a successful Random game when the window restored down and this happened:

Program Error

Function call failed: return value was -100033 (Not enough memory)

Call stack:

009EEE8F

009F328D

008DAAAB

008D92F8

008D3576

008D34B1

008B2362

008B2029

008780D2

00786E54

007896C8

0078B403

007810C4

00A3AB61

009EE02F

74AA6359

77307B74

77307B44

errno = 13 (Not enough memory)
OS error = 8 (Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.)

On a Dell Inspiron 5559 with an 8.00GB RAM and Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40GHz x64 processor. Already had the GLSL and post-processing disabled (based from the other threads), what else?

Did not press any five buttons below the code (Copy, Continue, Suppress, Break, Exit), still hanging here waiting for someone to reply. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Stan` said:

What map size? AI ?

@Stan`: Random, "Unknown", Desert biome, Normal size, Me and four AI Petra-Bots (all medium). It was all land with no body of water. Still hanging on the dialog box with the code.

Update: Got a BSOD with "DPC watchdog violation" while *still* hanging on to the dialog box and restarted by itself. Did install Standard SATA ACHI Controller instead of latest Intel® 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA ACHI Controller and restarted. Finally ran a CHKDSK /F /R. Let me see if the blue screen and/or game crash still persists. Good thing saving my game helped return to my progress!

Edited by Carltonus
Pinging, update

Let us know if it works. If you can next time try to attach the crashlog.txt and crashdump.dmp if you have them (It's possible for them not to not be generated because it's a system wide issue)

You can find them %localappdata%/0ad/logs/

• Thanks 1

The log files will still be generated see if you can find them then post interestinglog.html and system_info.txt, crashlog.txt, crashdump.dmp that's the way to report any suspected bug remember the log files are overwritten every time you run the game.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another one tonight, this one is for Delenda Est 23b commands.txt; the last time I did was holding Q then this dialog box appeared:

Assertion failed: "0 && (L"FYI: WARN_IF_FALSE reports that a function failed. Feel free to ignore or suppress this warning.")"

Call stack:

While generating an error report, we encountered a second problem. Please be sure to report both this and the subsequent error messages.
errno = 12 (Not enough memory)
OS error = 8 (Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.)

No crashdump.dmp again:
crashlog.txt
interestinglog.html
mainlog.html
system_info.txt
userreport_hwdetect.txt

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Stan` said:

For the last one, were you generating a map?

I don't remember generating such a map, but I did edit and play-test the Macedonian campaign by @SciGuy42.

After that, I played a game of Corinthian Isthmus (4 players), forgetting to reveal the whole map, and for a while commanded my AI ally's hoplites. Crash happened sometime around when my other AI opponents were trying to penetrate my walls for a second time. Was able to use the save option a few times until warnings appeared that forbade me to save further.

commands.txt