How to definitively change original hotkeys of the game

Odin_1988

Hi all.

After seeking for a solution and many try, I'm asking for your help now.

I'm experiencing trouble changing the 0ad hotkeys. Even if I follow the procedure mentionned in the header of the default.cfg file, i can't re-asign hotkey. Changes does not affect the game.

What i did :

I created the following local.cfg file in the same folder that de default.cfg file, that is to say in "C:\Users\Odin\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha\binaries\data\config"

In this file, I wrote for exemple :

[gui.session.diplomacycolors]
self = "0 0 255"                ; Color of your units when diplomacy colors are enabled
ally = "0 255 0"                ; Color of allies when diplomacy colors are enabled
neutral = "126 126 126"             ; Color of neutral players when diplomacy colors are enabled
enemy = "255 0 0"               ; Color of enemies when diplomacy colors are enabled </h1>

This modification works fine and is taken into acount in 0ad,

However, when I write this :

hotkey.session.queueunit.1 = "A"            ; add first unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.2 = "Z"            ; add second unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.3 = "E"            ; add third unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.4 = "R"            ; add fourth unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.5 = "T"            ; add fivth unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.6 = "Y"            ; add sixth unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.7 = "U"            ; add seventh unit type to queue
hotkey.session.queueunit.8 = "I"            ; add eighth unit type to queue

nothing is changing. What do I miss ? I really need to reasign hot key default ones make me crasy IG.

more over if i change directly default.cfg file, nothing about hotkeys changes are taken into account.

I tryed civMOD too but it add to much unusefull shorkcut according to me, or maybe you can convince me to install it back.

Thanks,

Edited by Odin_1988
bad tabulation

Then you can try going to C:\Users\Odin\AppData\Roaming\0ad\binaries\config and edit user.cfg

Check if there already are entries for unit training, and if not, add the lines you had in first post (hotkey.session.queueunit.1 = "A"            ; add first unit type to queue) etc

@Feldfeld YES !! it works when editing hotkeys in C:\Users\Odin\AppData\Roaming\0ad\config\user.cfg. (is that file inherited from my previous autoCiv mod installation ?)

But there is still a conflict between native 0ad hotkeys ("default.cfg") and this "user.cfg" file. It is still shifting the camera using "A".

Do I have to unused each shortcut entry of default.cfg file ?

Wich file has the final priority ? It seems that 0ad is mixing the two files entry and superpose them.

Thanks a lot, I will do others tries.

13 minutes ago, Odin_1988 said:

@Feldfeld YES !! it works when editing hotkeys in C:\Users\Odin\AppData\Roaming\0ad\config\user.cfg. (is that file inherited from my previous autoCiv mod installation ?)

But there is still a conflict between native 0ad hotkeys ("default.cfg") and this "user.cfg" file. It is still shifting the camera using "A".

Do I have to unused each shortcut entry of default.cfg file ?

Wich file has the final priority ? It seems that 0ad is mixing the two files entry and superpose them.

Thanks a lot, I will do others tries.

Basically there are 2 ways of changing hotkeys, via local.cfg or via user.cfg.
default.cfg should not be changed and has lowest priority, it just represents default hotkeys.
I didn't know which has the priority between local.cfg or user.cfg, by the looks of it the later has. I suggest you change all your hotkeys in either file (but prefer not to mix up). If you have hotkey conflict, indeed you have to put unused to the hotkeys you don't want, however don't do it in default.cfg but rather in the file you chose to modify your hotkeys.

Edit : also, user.cfg is not inherited by autoCiv but can be modified by it.

Edited by Feldfeld
  • Like 1

Well it seems that user.cfg is overwriting local.cfg entries.

Seems the best way to change hotkeys is according to me to use autoCiv mod and change user.cfg file cause it introduces lots of new very usefull hotkeys

Thanks all for your help, and you effectiveness !! See you IG.

• Thanks 1