Not very good at this game, any tips?

shaunybhoy

So basically I have been playing 2 player games. me v random computer opponent with the settings as very  easy. I start out by getting about 20 women and assign them to wood, stone, food etc, and have one build houses to increase population. I then focus on the army, and I usually can deal with the first wave of attacks, but then as I am rebuilding army as most are dead another wave attack comes and that is me defeated. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any tips? 

Remember that infantry soldiers can gather resources too. So, you probably need a ratio of 10 women to every 50 soldiers. Yes, start out with about 5 more women, putting them on food and wood, then transition toward soldiers as gatherers, especially for the non food resources. 

Another important thing to do on maps with animals on them is to use your cavalry to hunt. Cavalry hunters are way faster than foot hunters. Way faster. And the more food you get, the more cavalry and soldiers you can train. 

Always keep tour civic center producing units and researching upgrades. The time your civic center is idle is dead time, especially at the beginning. Once you start building barracks after the 5 minute mark you can shift soldier production to the barracks and train women at the civic center. 

• Like 1

Thanks for those suggestions, I think I build the barracks way too late, I was continuously spawning military from the civic center. I have also never used cavalry to hunt so will try that out when I start my next game. I was wondering one other thing when I played earlier, I noticed after a while I had 6 workers all doing nothing, not sure how long it was for, is there any sort of way to be alerted if a worker is standing idle? 

I noticed a huge improvement sending out cavalry for food, what a big difference this made, I actually won for the first time. The button (.) for idle workers is great, but for some reason it cycles through my army too who are not doing anything, is it possible that it only checks for the female workers?

• Like 1