I blame Stockfish.

to start off all of this applies only if u ppl wanna do things properly and without any issues.

@Stockfish  maybe next time u host a tournament use time based charts or brackets. a complex version of this would be to require every enrolling player to provide a time chart for the following days of the tournament when they can make time to play. you will set specific limitations maybe such as "at least X amount of time per day" "at least x amount of time total"  for the allowance to enroll in the tournament. nobody who only has 2 hours total of free time for the tournament in all 3 days should be allowed to enter . then you put this stats into some program that you either have to find or make. or you can do it manually on a piece of paper.to find overlapping times of all players and figure out based on this who plays who on the first round and then when the first round is over do the same system for the second round. now this will likely work 90% of the time or something. but there will be exceptions to this when players free time brackets just wont add up to produce  a clean sequence of games.there are 2 solutions to this.

number 1 is: dont @#$%ing host  " general tournaments" host "specific timezone(s) ones or specific GMT based ones.lets say 6 hour sized ones.so only ppl who have time in that specific pocket of time to play will enlist. so ppl from japan wont have to play ppl form america.this should likely eliminate nearly every problem but a few will pop up. that being that a few ppl just wont be able to agree still on times because of irl activities. for this the solution would be for players to agree in advance FOR EVERY SINGLE FUTURE POTENTIAL GAME AS WELL on times.so in an example of 4 players me,u,aqua and borg. if im vs borg and u vs aqua. we agree with all of potential opponents in this tournament for example id have to agree with borg you and aqua.this can also drastically reduce the time required for the tournament.especially in addition with the previous points id say there is literally no way for players to mess up and for the tournament to have any issues IN WHICH SOMEONE ISNT RESPONSIBLE. if someones responsible ofc u just put a loss on their match in the tournament,they cry but life goes on for the rest of the players.

number 2:pretty sure i forgot number 2 but ill assume it was "dont host 3 day matchups" if you wont even prepare or provide any specific regulations to make it far less likely for the problems to arise.basically host longer tournaments but also the problem of ppl not meeting up should be solved by more time. tournaments wont finish in specific times in this case likely taking 1-2 weeks per matchup more likely a week. in time ppl should be able to agree upon a time. a regulation for this could be to force players to communicate at least once a day to figure out and set a time. but of course if they have activities that they cant postpone + their timezones are perfectly aligned to make it impossible for them to meet up. but usually if an average person sleeps 8 hours there has to be 8 hours of overlapping time.(altho i sleep average of 10-11 hours alto usually less or more so for ppl like me the time  bracket in which both me and my opponent are awake is smaller) anyway given enough time surely the players can skip one of the gender studies classes but ofc there will be many times when ppl wont compromise their life over a game tournament that doesnt even give any reward($).

ps: i know this is incoherent and the "number 1 and number 2" dont make sense somewhat.altho n2 is just a worse solution that requires less effort i think n1 effort is worth it.highly incoherent post but readable and provides simple information anyone whos iq is over 84 could figure out.just take everything from all the 3 parts and decide whats important to you? faster tournaments with 99.5% success rate? 99.9% success rate tournaments that take a month to finish?

ps ps: maybe this will give you a revelation on some things @Stockfish mainly on your moral failings.a thousand concessions that have rotted your convictions and made your way of thinking and behaving corrupt and immoral.i shouldnt be having to write this. its either that or you just didnt care enough to make a proper tournament.SHAME ON YOU @Stockfish SHAME.ON.YOU.

next time dont compromise on the right way in favor of gaining temporary advantage and masking your incompetence.its like drugs but i guess when you are old you borrow from the future as there isnt much in the future to look forward to anyway ppl die at 50 after that its just an after image. think of this and sleep on it if you can still sleep after reading this.

I mean, I don't think we have a hard limit here, upper bracket still has lots of unresolved matches.

I recommend posting available schedule on a separate post as prove that you're trying to play the match.

If @Dakara does not respond then it's win by absence, otherwise you both sort it out.

Stop drama

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

like my post sadbow i did well.btw the format id use for my paid tournaments would be the time bracket one (12 hours) with pre-agreed times between players with 1 hour 20min designated per game just to be safe. if 3 games per match (i like the 3 map option all good maps) then 5 hours total time players must make free btu itll never last that long.if someone has no time then they forfeit unless the other player is so kind as to reschedule.after each game a 15 min optional break(added to total game time as extra).

i have pms with dakara in saying my avalible scedule and such ect. so im not worried about my specific match.im complaining over the bigger picture. also everything you write is incoherent.ive been trying to scedule a time all this time. and as expected its 27 th and 6 out of 16 matches doesnt have a result yet.

Vinme, i believed that i would had the ocassion to interchange solid arguments about the tournament,  but i sadly see that is not about that.

One more time @vinme , you have poured that mix ot sawdust and manure, that sadly, is the only thing you know how to produce.

I was thinking about awnsering you, but if i tell you the truth, i don't care. I'm organizing this event alone, with limits resources and with limited time. 

Don't forget that.

Don't forget that I'm using my time to organize this. I'm using my time to give something different to the community and to try to help all players. Time that im not giving to my family, or to my self.

After this event ends, I'm out.

Edited by Stockfish
  • Like 1