I want my guys to ATTACK siege

Xylon

Hi,

So I'm quite good at quickly building a strong eco and big army but I'm struggling to deal with enemy siege. When my opponent puts siege behind his army bombarding my soldiers I always end up defeated.

I think part of the problem is that when my soldiers get to the siege they never attack it, just try to convert it. This is very slow and often fails completely!

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with enemy siege? I always play as Britons at the moment because I thought specializing would be helpful at this stage.

Best,

Joseph

2 hours ago, Xylon said:

any tips on how to deal with ranged siege with Britons?

You usually want to prepare some sword cavalry trained in barracks to destroy (not capture) catapults. If the enemy is guarding them well, you'll first need to distract their army or wait for a good moment. A sword cavalry hero is even better for this, can easily destroy catapults sneakily when the enemy is not watching, or he can destroy one or two of them even when the enemy notices (because the hero is tough).

If you have a lot of slingers, you can try attacking catapults from a distance with them. It's quite slow compared to swordsmen, but it can be a way to go if the enemy units don't let your melee units near.

If you already have a fortress, using rams against the catapults is another option. Catapults can target rams and destroy them quite fast until the rams get near. However, if you manage to get one or two rams in a close distance, you can destroy many catapults fast before you lose the rams.

If you don't have a lot of metal or stone, infantry spearmen are one of the worse but usable option. I would never advise to use any skirmisher units against any siege weapons because they deal basically no damage to them. Even women have a higher chance of success.

A combination of different counter units, especially from different sides at once, has the best chances to succeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3