Experimenting with icons

18 hours ago, Stan` said:

This was neat, but what wasn't clear was what the affects were for each of the "status effects." "1 poison" what does that do? lol They also shouldn't be called "status effects" in the game world. That's too on the nose. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 9:28 AM, Stan` said:

There was a bug it shouldn't have been that blurry

image.png

EDIT: I could only be the shield, like so.

image.png

On 3/19/2020 at 11:36 AM, Stan` said:

Step 4 looks great man. I've been using them for the last month. You should commit them imho. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the icons look a lot better in the way you have streamlined them.  The primary point I would criticise would be the shape of the shield; obviously you were working off of the previous iteration, and I understand your desire to be conservative about the changes, but the shape seems to be ported right out of a fantasy setting.  I think that the game might be better served with a simpler shape such as a legionary's scutum.  Otherwise, great work.

• Like 3

I don't seem to follow what you mean by left panel.  Could you clarify?  If you are referring to the attachment, I had trouble opening that up, probably a fault on my end.  Either way, assuming the icons mentioned match the general concept of guard and use a more historical basis for the shield design, it has my approval for what that's worth.

16 minutes ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

I don't seem to follow what you mean by left panel.  Could you clarify?  If you are referring to the attachment, I had trouble opening that up, probably a fault on my end.  Either way, assuming the icons mentioned match the general concept of guard and use a more historical basis for the shield design, it has my approval for what that's worth.

Sorry must have been clearer. I meant the stance icons:

aggressive.pngdefensive.pngpassive.pngstandground.pngviolent.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 11:06 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Step 4 looks great man. I've been using them for the last month. You should commit them imho. :) 

it's great artwork, really, but in my opinion they are "too modern", they doesn't match the other, wonderful, rustical elements of the gui. but, as i said, it's only my point of view ...

old_icons_02.PNG

new_icons_gui.png

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...