Wildfire Games logo

Nescio

This is the forum Wildfire Games logo:

forum.png.0ef6ebff66c4b0fe73e0183baa6f8b31.png

On phabricator it's:

phabricator.png.19b2e5d61ae74515d5dd20e8ab66f870.png

And in game it's:

game.png.350377e7ec29b523680d5c45ad69cd51.png

Perhaps it's just me, but the phabricator logo looks nice and sharp, the forum logo rather poor, and the in-game logo mediocre. So perhaps the sharper image used on phabricator could be adopted elsewhere as well?

That's because the logo in Phabricator is not completely an image. The text part is actual text which is why it looks so sharp. The forums' however is a png, and the ingame logo must be something like 128x256. The GUI needs change to accommodate a bigger resolution, or the engine to support SVG. For the forum and trac though I guess I could provide a SVG version. Should be pretty easy to obtain with inkscape.

EDIT: Depending on what you have on your computer the font changes in Phab:

body {
  font: 13px 'Segoe UI','Segoe UI Emoji','Segoe UI Symbol','Lato','Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
  font-size: 13px;
}

26 minutes ago, Stan` said:

That's because the logo in Phabricator is not completely an image. The text part is actual text which is why it looks so sharp. The forums' however is a png, and the ingame logo must be something like 128x256. The GUI needs change to accommodate a bigger resolution, or the engine to support SVG. For the forum and trac though I guess I could provide a SVG version. Should be pretty easy to obtain with inkscape.

No, I didn't mean the 256×32 watermark (art/textures/ui/global/watermark/company.dds, which is indeed ugly), I was talking about the logo in the main menu (gui/pregame/ProjectInformation.js), where Wildfire Games is text and the logo is 32×32 (art/textures/ui/pregame/shell/wfg_logo_white.png, I believe). Apparently a higher resolution already exists (phabricator).

6 minutes ago, Nescio said:

No, I didn't mean the 256×32 watermark (art/textures/ui/global/watermark/company.dds, which is indeed ugly), I was talking about the logo in the main menu (gui/pregame/ProjectInformation.js), where Wildfire Games is text and the logo is 32×32 (art/textures/ui/pregame/shell/wfg_logo_white.png, I believe). Apparently a higher resolution already exists (phabricator).

I guess you could make a patch :)

43 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I guess you could make a patch :)

Well, I don't know where the source file is located; all I can see is that phabricator uses a higher resolution logo. If you know of a svg, that would be appreciated. Or the specific font file.

It has two unicode points, one in the Kangxi Radicals block:

U+2F55 KANGXI RADICAL FIRE

And one in the (enormous) CJK Unified Ideographs block: U+706B 火 :

1889083335_U706B.thumb.png.7a6ee004c4f9f847c9990652cd68d396.png 

Using the logos here, I made a few variants of the Wildfire Games logo in SVG version.

For all the three examples above, I assume it's best to use the logo only, and use real text, as it will look better than any pixelated version of text. I am against using a real character for the logo, as it removes the artistic liberties taken when designing it.

wildfire_games_logo_only.svg wildfire_games_logo_text_bottom.svg wildfire_games_logo_text_left.svg wildfire_games_logo_text_left_two_lines.svg

• Thanks 1