0A.D. chrashes in Solus 4.1 MATE

lekkerstryd

I have played 0 AD in Zorin OS (based on Ubuntu) for a long time and it newer froze or crashed at all.

It worked for a while but then crashed in Solus. I don't know what the issue can be.

I have a AMD A10-5800k APU, but my monitor is plugged into a Radeon 6670 graphics card with 2GB ram.

The game actually works faster on Solus. In Zorin(Ubuntu 18.04) it slowed down when things got really busy and the sped up to normal speed, to finish normally.

Can a active wi-fi connection also cause the game to crash?

Great game! I just hope I can get to work reliably on Solus.

Hello @lekkerstryd,

welcome on the forum :)

Can you please tell us when exactly crash happens ? Can you see menu, create match ? Do you play match and it crashes while you play ?

Does it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer?

It would be very helpful if you could post here logs after the crash occurs. See https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths to locate the files.

Regards

Angen

Hallo Angen

I was playing a match in single player on Solus 4.1 MATE. I updated the OS and the problem did not happen again thus far.

I unplugged my wi-fi dongle too. 0A.D. always worked on Zorin 15.1 based on Ubuntu 18.04.

I can't find my event log right now, but when I looked at it, it had a lot of entries for "Radeon". My Radeon 6670 graphics card.

The crash happened while I was trying to take over a tower in Alpine Valleys(2).

Other than that I can't tell you much.

Great game however! Very detailed and engaging. I f it continues to crash on Solus, I'll just use Zorin 15.1, where it always worked without flaw.

8 hours ago, lekkerstryd said:

Hallo Angen

I was playing a match in single player on Solus 4.1 MATE. I updated the OS and the problem did not happen again thus far.

I unplugged my wi-fi dongle too. 0A.D. always worked on Zorin 15.1 based on Ubuntu 18.04.

I can't find my event log right now, but when I looked at it, it had a lot of entries for "Radeon". My Radeon 6670 graphics card.

The crash happened while I was trying to take over a tower in Alpine Valleys(2).

Other than that I can't tell you much.

Great game however! Very detailed and engaging. I f it continues to crash on Solus, I'll just use Zorin 15.1, where it always worked without flaw.

Could you try to get a stack trace? 

Also how many AIs were there. If there are too many you might have simply ran out of RAM.

I could not find anything useful in the event log. I have 7.8 GB RAM and was playing against one AI. The swap file is 3.7 GB.

When playing this game in Zorin I did run out of memory and the PC just started slowing down. After that it sped up, most likely when the extra swap RAM was being accessed. 

Not sure if that process works in Solus.

The event log shows various detail about Radeon graphics. I have a AMD APU and a Radeon 2 GB graphics card. The monitor is plugged into the graphics card.