Multiplayer Lag

surtic86

Hello there,

First thanks for your work! 

My friend and i wanted to play a Multiplayer Game but we get always the same Problem. After a bit of Playing (10-20min) (1vs1 / 2vs2 against KI) the Game starts to Lag. When my friend minimize the Game the Multiplayer Match stops lagging. When i minimize the Game he still can't play the Game normaly... and still have lag.

We both player over Lan and have decent Internet.

9026970523.png
9026976375.png

I uploaded the Logs from both of us
Me: logs_player_1
He: logs_player_2

Thanks for your help.

logs.zip

Oh, ok. Did he build the game himself, or does he use the files from the Ryzen 3000 thread? Also does the game lag increase constantly, or suddenly?
I self-have a Ryzen 3700X. If I use the files, my game is also massive slowed down suddenly. Only rejoin can fix this. With the current svn I have no problems.  Maybe you could try that?

About what kind of Patch are you Talking? We are using the Build from the Official Download Page Alpha 23. 

It's start suddenly from nothing to laaaag.

I was trying yesterday to Build it on my Windows machine but there where some Errors right on the start to the Build Process in Visual Studio Code.  (I will dig into this eventually tonight again to search for the Problem) On my Mac the building Process was easy :)

Edited by surtic86

54 minutes ago, surtic86 said:

About what kind of Patch are you Talking? We are using the Build from the Official Download Page Alpha 23. 

If you build a23 (I think thats version 21946) you will need this patch https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2353

54 minutes ago, surtic86 said:

I was trying yesterday to Build it on my Windows machine but there where some Errors right on the start to the Build Process in Visual Studio Code.  (I will dig into this eventually tonight again to search for the Problem) On my Mac the building Process was easy :)

If you only want to play with your friend, you both could take the latest svn a24. If you choose the latest autobuild (23490) you don't have to build yourself. The patch is already included.

Edited by OptimusShepard

44 minutes ago, surtic86 said:

But which Files / Patch do i need now? Its kind of... try this one.. then this and add this and this... and the last Page is in French. Also the Patch refers more to a Startup Error? 

If you use the build from the homepage, I think this are the files you need. But as I said, I couldn't get it correctly to run with this files.

libvorbis.dll

libvorbisfile.dll

mozjs38-ps-release-vc140.dll

msvcp140.dll

pyrogenesis.exe

vcruntime140.dll

If you have already tried to build 0 A.D. I think you have already installed TortoiseSVN, right? So you go the folder of your svn, right click -> TortoiseSVN -> Update to revision, select revision and choose an autobuild version (here you find the numbers: https://code.wildfiregames.com/). The current latest one is as you can see 23490.

Also I guess you have to delete your cache folder when using a current version. AppData -> Local -> 0ad 

Edited by OptimusShepard