bug about food gather rate either "cosmetic" or actual

when you get the 100 wood upgrade from farmstead that gives 50% gather to berries the womans gather rate increases in stats from 0.8 to 1 and mens from 0.6 to 0.7 checked brit and sparta so assumed same for all i do not know if its just the stats or if it actually changes the gather rate i could get all the capacity upgrades and time it to check

still very confusing and unnesesary would be better if it just showed default gather rate ignoring the wicker baskets  also a big thing for new players is they dont know farms gather at half the regular rate so would be nice if farm description said so 

You're right, the values displayed in the tooltips are misleading and ought to be replaced with resource sub-type rates; doing so is not trivial, though, otherwise it would have been corrected long ago.

Moreover, the numbers in the tooltips are rounded, which can occassionally lead to confusion as well. Technologies and auras work fine, so when in doubt, trust their descriptions, rather than the values displayed in the unit tooltip.

The actual base gather rates are:

• citizen infantry:
    Spoiler

<Rates>
          <food.fruit>0.5</food.fruit>
          <food.grain>0.25</food.grain>
          <food.meat>1</food.meat>
          <wood.tree>0.75</wood.tree>
          <wood.ruins>5</wood.ruins>
          <stone.rock>0.5</stone.rock>
          <stone.ruins>2</stone.ruins>
          <metal.ore>0.5</metal.ore>
        </Rates>
  • female citizens:
    Spoiler

<Rates>
          <food.fruit>1</food.fruit>
          <food.grain>0.5</food.grain>
          <food.meat>1</food.meat>
          <wood.tree>0.7</wood.tree>
          <wood.ruins>5</wood.ruins>
          <stone.rock>0.35</stone.rock>
          <stone.ruins>2</stone.ruins>
          <metal.ore>0.35</metal.ore>
        </Rates>

(and yes, the fact there is a difference is sexist).

omg i had no idea about many of thoes details when feld said that its averaged that means literally everything..so men much much slower than i thought thought 25% but is 50% darn...well everybody should know this the fact that i know this and will use it and others dont is kind of cheating. well im glad that food gather is even worse than i thought i was trying to figure out corral build some time ago and gave up i dont remmeber what the result was but ill try figuring it out again now that i know what i thought was womens gather rate for farms was 20% less than what it really was.also having men on farms is worse than i thought

• Like 1

dont care if there are historical inaccuracies in favor of making the game more playable and adding interesting mechanics but...slaves... yeah that makes way more sense than women it would be waay cooler if u needed to protect the slaves because they were ur backbone of economy than women..would fit so well would be awasome..women 50 food cheap weak eco unit seems extremely stupid now slaves atleast make sense.like slaves can be well ..slaving for 12-14 hours every day on farms normal citizens would need to be paid so their production vaule would be less.with wood and stone/metal having les gatherrate because slaves wer weaker and worse at strength based labor.but then what about the 10% women inspiration thing? how about combining the 2 things into 1 ?! SLAVE WOMEN.

• Like 1