===[TASK]=== Improve hero portraits

Lion.Kanzen

3 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I mean your reference text says it was to see both the gun and the face. 

What about the existing ones?

yes. but is a reference. there are many of this in photography and painting.

check industry composition.

image.jpeg.4ed64cfa1ec8bb0079d3c89bd1ebf966.jpeg

check some pics from Demetrius bust.

Resultado de imagen para demetrius poliorcetes

is more atrctive make his way.

Resultado de imagen para total war arena portrait

frontal shot is fine.

Resultado de imagen para total war arena portrait

i really like what's going on with the picture thus so far, Stan.  My one general suggestion I'd offer is more irregularities.  The stubble for instance would seem more plausible with variation on density.  Currently the facial hair has practically no fading before going to the part with no stubble.  Unless he is trimming this stubble in a particular way, I've found that men have the most density right around the goatee area.  From there it gets a lot more patchy especially leading out to the extremities.  Aside from that, I would like to see a lot more small flaws.  It could be small scars, wrinkles, freckles, the list goes on.  Granted, that's just my non-expert opinion, but again, I think that the work looks great regardless of whether any of those suggestions get implemented.

You've got an interesting process there stan lol. Thorfinn is right, though instead of scars wrinkles and freckles whats generally missing in colored in busts is the natural skin tone variation in the face. There is a red translucency where light falls to shadow and a slight cool shift around the eye sockets, for example

13 hours ago, LordGood said:

You've got an interesting process there stan lol. Thorfinn is right, though instead of scars wrinkles and freckles whats generally missing in colored in busts is the natural skin tone variation in the face. There is a red translucency where light falls to shadow and a slight cool shift around the eye sockets, for example

Added white note around the eye sockets and red notes in the shadows, as well as made the bear a bit thicker in the middle. I'm not sure it's better, what do you think?

rome_demetrius_01.pngrome_demetrius_04.png

• Like 2

https://www.boredpanda.com/historical-figures-recreated-history-becca-saladin/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR2SCKA9U_jteVgs3v1lRwlK2Ez6AiWbu6gIhI4C--7hw-Eh316zno8o4-k

2 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

still looking an statue.

I am afraid I reached the best of my ability here.

Still look convincing to me.

image.png

• Thanks 1