Bulding Snapping Feature

I've just committed the building snapping feature. I'd like to here some feedback: does it behave like you expect, would you like to change something (like adding an option to enable it by default)?

To use the building snapping you need to select a building, press Ctrl and move your mouse. When a preview of the new building is near to other structures it`s trying to snap to their edges (while Ctrl is pressed).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

Could show a sample which behaviour do you expect?

For walls I think a different solution would be best. We should be able to set multiple objects (wall towers for instance) as end points in the wallset template. Right now you can only designate 1 (as far as I know, I experimented with this unsuccessfully many moons ago). So for instance you should be able to set a stone wall tower as a possible endpoint in the palisade wallset xml file (while you wouldn't do vice versa). I use "endpoint" as the word because I don't have access to the game code at the moment for the proper term.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, vladislavbelov said:

I've just committed the building snapping feature. I'd like to here some feedback: does it behave like you expect, would you like to change something (like adding an option to enable it by default)?

Great feature! If you mean making it the default (like capturing instead of attacking), no thanks. If you mean adding an option to allow players to toggle it (like diplomacy colours), yes please.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Nescio said:

If you mean making it the default (like capturing instead of attacking), no thanks.

I meant to add an option to toggle it (user choice - it's used by default without Ctrl or not).

50 minutes ago, Nescio said:

If you mean adding an option to allow players to toggle it (like diplomacy colours), yes please.

You suggest an option to disable it at all or an option to enable it by default?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

I meant to add an option to toggle it (user choice - it's used by default without Ctrl or not).

You suggest an option to disable it at all or an option to enable it by default?

Either:

• default: no snapping; with Ctrl: snapping
  • with option toggled: snapping; with Ctrl: no snapping

Or:

• default: always no snapping
  • press hotkey combination (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+S or whatever) to toggle snapping option
  • when activated, always snapping, so no need to keep Ctrl pressed