Making allies with AI

Leonidas300

In the Game you can ally with the AI. 
Yesterday I tried something out. 
After allying with all the AI (5 in number) I won the game. And that’s a bit weird because the AI wasn’t allied with each other. So here’s my suggestion: if you ally with two AI but they aren’t allied with each other than one will say, either you quitt the Alliance or I won’t be you’re ally anymore. 
I hope I made my point clear and didn’t cause any confusion. 

• Like 1

That's not really a bug, it's what's supposed to happen: you win a Conquest game by destroying all enemy (ConquestCritical) structures and units; if you're allied with everyone, it means there are no enemies left, which means you satisfy the conquest criteria, therefore you win.

If you don't want that to happen, play with the “Last Man Standing” setting (or “Locked Teams”).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angen said:

(would you ? I guess no)

Actually I would. Having multiple allies can make winning easier for you, especially if your allies are fighting each other.

Assume a four-player random map with no starting teams. Early in game players B and C become neutral. Player A subsequently tries to ally with B, who refuses, then with C, who accepts. A also allies with D. All other combinations remain enemies. To win, A only has to defeat B, its only enemy; B must defeat enemies A and D and neutral C; C enemy D and neutral B; and D enemies B and C; A thus has the advantage.

Different scenario: your ally is growing much faster than you, which annoys you, and is becoming quite powerful, which worries you. You'd prefer a weaker ally, but stabbing yours on your own is not a good idea, because he's much stronger and because you would remain at war with everyone else. The wiser strategy is to first ally one or two of your enemies and then declare war on your first ally.

Divide et impera.

• Like 3