Updated debian sid building dependencies

Greetings,

i have recently downloaded the source repo from github and followed the building instructions on the wiki (at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions ) but i found that the list of dependencies on the wiki for the Debian sid distribution is pretty broken, some packages are missing and there is some fiddling to do. I have created a user (uovobw) on the trac but i have been unable to find how to edit the page, so i am writing the list of packages missing and the procedure below if someone wants to update it.

The following is the list of packages that are simply missing, just

apt install

them together with those already in the wiki page and you should be fine:

libboost-dev
libenet-dev
libminiupnpc-dev
libsodium-dev
libgloox-dev
libsdl2-dev
libcurl4-gnutls-dev
libopenal-dev
libvorbis-dev
libboost-filesystem-dev
libboost-system-dev

These packages are instead related to the wx library, they are followed by the =<VERSION> notation as there is always some different library or version going in from either testing or unstable - especially if you have mixed repos like many sid users do - so just make sure to specify the versions until you get an omogeneous wx installation

wx3.0-headers=3.0.4+dfsg-8
libwxbase3.0-dev=3.0.4+dfsg-8
libwxgtk3.0-dev=3.0.4+dfsg-8
libwxbase3.0-0v5=3.0.4+dfsg-8
libwxgtk3.0-0v5=3.0.4+dfsg-8

after installing all this i was able to correctly run the "update-workspaces.sh" script and them "make -j12" to build the whole thing. It ended up being about 17GB and on my i7-9750H the compilation, running in a 32GB ramdisk, took about 10 minutes.

Let me know if this can help anyone.

Many thanks to all the artists, developers, tester, users and so on for developing this AMAZING game.

Hello and welcome!

3 minutes ago, uovobw said:

I have created a user (uovobw) on the trac but i have been unable to find how to edit the page

Log in, scroll down to the bottom of the page (or press Ctrl+End), then click on “Edit this page”, make changes, fill in the “Comment about this change”, and use “Preview page” and “Review changes” before you finish with clicking “Submit changes”.

1 minute ago, uovobw said:

i'm almost embarassed i did not find the button. sorry for the noise, i have made the changes, they are in diff

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions?action=diff&version=364

thanks again

No need to be embarrassed! And thank you for updating the trac page, I'm sure it'll be appreciated by other Debian users.

Hello @uovobw

Thanks for updating the wiki. I noticed there are some issues with your edit. Would you be willing to fix them?

First note that libwxgtk3.0-dev is already in the sudo apt install command. So if you don't want it installed before your policy command you need to remove that from the list.

libboost-filesystem-dev is also there, as well as libvorbis-dev, libopenal-dev, libcurl4-gnutls-dev, libsdl2-dev, libgloox-dev, libminiupnpc-dev, libboost-dev

libsodium-dev shouldn't be in the list because it's asked to install it manually on other versions :)

how strange, i distinctly remember copy-pasting that apt command and than having it fail to build due to missing those libraries, to the point i created a text file with the list as i was going along installing them one by one. there must have been something i only think i did or that i did wrong. i'm fixing the page now, thanks for catching it!

3 hours ago, uovobw said:

how strange, i distinctly remember copy-pasting that apt command and than having it fail to build due to missing those libraries, to the point i created a text file with the list as i was going along installing them one by one. there must have been something i only think i did or that i did wrong. i'm fixing the page now, thanks for catching it!

No pb thanks for the report!