Ratings Disputes and Offence Reporting (Discussion)

gator303

I'll have to add that I saw GVIT in the lobby later that night, and I explained the situation of the 1v1 rule etc., and asked him to make it up for me. When I explained that I had reported him, he decided to do a 1v1 and resign right away

but of course he didn't resign. I quit the match without resigning after about a minute, I think the trickery of the circumstance warranted leaving without destroying my rank, although if this was out of line please tell me @Hannibal_Barca or @user1.

Him suggesting the match (we'd discussed it earlier in a game lobby):IMG_6986.thumb.jpg.7877501182ff2bcf903aff9eb03b92ce.jpg

and him not responding when I asked when he was planning on resigning:

IMG_6985.thumb.JPG.b2dc66f568ccd5f580794fec276cfd8c.JPG

I also included the commands.txt, but the match was less than a minute ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It makes sense as he has a perfect score despite 1. not playing many matches, and 2. not seeming to be a player deserving of a rank of 1500

Edited by __najimakimoda
added two other posts about him offending

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, Felipe_Chile said:

Hi, I need to report for second time, he's all ready being named on this topic. Mativen1983

@Hannibal_Barca @user1

@Felipe_Chile, you'll need to upload the replay file, there's a guide [here], although going through the list, it looks like you've done this before with this very guy. Mativen1983 has been popping up in 'cheater' threads since 2018, see:

- 2019-04-13 (your comment)
2019-04-07 [original link] ✔️
2019-02-20 
    ↳ 2019-02-20 
    ↳ 2019-03-19 [separate post]
2019-03-18   
- 2018-12-02
    ↳ 2018-12-04
2018-09-10  ✔️
- 2018-05-01 ✔️

✖ = no replay given, ✔️ = acknowledged by mod, = no mod acknowledgment (people mostly aren't tagging)

(ps. I'm writing a tool to make reporting much easier, it should be posted soon)

Edited by __najimakimoda
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Offence Reporting

A sure-fire way to get your concerns read and addressed!

Be sure to post with not only a modicum of dignity and self-esteem, but also a profound respect and understanding of others and their limits. Do not imperiously demand immediate solutions.

Currently only supporting 1 vs. 1 Rated Game offence reports.

Help & Support

Dear User, If you would like to report someone, please observe the following steps to ensure that your concern is noted.

It is necessary for you to create a post on this thread detailing the incident and including the replay file.

When reporting a player, it is mandatory to upload the correct replay.

Instructions:

1. Locate replay at Main Menu/Multiplayer/Replays
  2. Select replay and note replay file path.
  3. Go to path in your file manager, locate the file named "commands.txt"
  4. Upload commands.txt to the Forums (account creation required)
  5. Tag moderators. @user1 @Hannibal_Barca   
  6. Please state your lobby username and the lobby username of the offending player.

You will not be notified of the result automatically, you may view the ongoing status of our progress at the bottom of this first post.

Execution of these steps will lead to your report being noted and filed, then inspected and processed. (in due time) We thank you for your co-operation and wish you happy gaming.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

RE:

hi ...jodeldi here (ingame name)

i dropped in here because i want to report a misbehaviour of a player i was just playing with in a 1vs1 match. tomasasselborn .. Everything was fine but after a succesfull attack from my side after killing many of his soldiers and just starting to build a new base in his former territory he pressed pause ---- pause ..... that's it. no comment no nothing. This was around 45 minutes ago...the game is still running (or better .. not running) and visible in the lobby ... i rejoined 4 times and still paused .

this is obviously an action driven by the fear to loose points and the pause method seems an appropriate way to prevent loosing them ...

effective ... really effective. But a bit lousy. What a shame.

Anyway... usually great game ...majority great people ... hf all

cheers

jodeldi

P.S.:    could you please add Klingons as civ to choose ;)

Edited by user1
Linked report post

On 5/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, GunChleoc said:

Is it time to have a separate sub-forum for this? We have been getting a sizeable number of reports recently and they can appear anywhere on the forum. It might make it easier for moderators to monitor if it was all in the same place. @Hannibal_Barca @user1, what do you think? Good idea/bad idea?

Yes, perhaps.

In addition, I would make a suggestion:

If a survey was built into the game, that would pop up and pause it whenever a host hits the quit button, that should force an agreement on all sides to any in-game quit committed by the host making it impossible for him to break the rule in rated 1v1...

Then if he would still try to simulate a computer crash perhaps the last information sent could be taken into account?

@Hannibal_Barca @user1 @FeXoR

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FeXoR said:

And what about not rating games in the first place if we can't reliably rate games in the first place?

IMO that would make everything much calmer ;)

I'm not sure that's better. It's like removing game features because they don't work as expected instead of fixing them. If you push it hard enough it's like saying we should remove the graphics engine because it doesn't work on some platforms :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

I'm not sure that's better. It's like removing game features because they don't work as expected instead of fixing them. If you push it hard enough it's like saying we should remove the graphics engine because it doesn't work on some platforms :D

so you guys are gonna finally get around to removing the graphics engine? I've been waiting for text prompt based 0 A.D. for years!

• Haha 2