Officers & Aristocrats

Swellick

What makes an army run? What makes a Civilization Grow? Generals and Statesmen. Each civilization would have a unique leader(s) that helps smooth things. All men of greatness have a long LOS.

Greece

Philosopher - skilled citizen that harvests things faster, Makes all villagers within LOS work faster, when a battle occurs in LOS makes all troops fight faster, decreases cost of all buildings by 20%, and heals all units within LOS(not very well though).

Greek Captain - Makes all troops, Buildings, and villagers in LOS have more hit points, and allows spearman to 'pile up'(if one spearman is behind another the rear one can attack as well), and is an excellent mounted soldier.

Celts

Woaden Cheiftan - a veteran warrior capable of taking down any adversery with one swipe of his mighty axe, is the ONLY unit that can utter 'Furor Celtica' makes all friendly units attack/move faster, hugely demorilizes enemy units with Furor Celica and makes them have less hit points, also he is a respected statesman who makes the all farming go 5% faster as well as the lumber industry increasing 10% in speed when he is in line of site.

Germans and Gauls

War Cheiftan - An excellent rider that can give three special orders(Buttons) 1. Open gap - Soldiers within LOS cut a path throgh anything(Rock/wood) in 30 seconds. 2. Raze - Soldiers within LOS will be able to destroy without you losing control of them. 3. Barrage - all acher units within LOS well be able to shoot an enemy while walking.

Carthage

Carthagnian Officer - A skilled footman armed with a mace, makes all troops in LOS walk faster and stright through rocks/trees, reasoursful - can turn trees(every 5minutes) into food that once a unit walks by insantaniosly becomes yours, can convert animals into your service.

Rome

Centurion - A veteran soldier armed with a sword, can give the orders of: Pilum attack - all foot units in LOS throw a pilum at randomly designated targets, Tortise formation - All foot units Form into a solid box making them invoulnerable to missile units also makes them move slower.

Senator - skilled citizen that harvests things faster, converts citizens into standard Roman foot unit, makes buildings in LOS increase hit-points/build time decrease 10%, can convert enemy units, kills any nearby senators.

I can't think of anything for the Iberians, but someone will!

Questions? Comments?

Note about Celts, Gauls and Germans:

Actually Gauls are Celts, not Germans. There are exceptions however, but mainly a few border tribes. For Celts you better have a cheif in a war chariot, since in most cases they rode those. I thought Celts rather relied more on horses then Germans, but again there are exceptions for some tribes.

Nice ideas though!

Right, Kalaas the Woaden Cheiftain should be mounted in a chariot B) . I Know that the Gauls had closer relations to the Celts, but look at the bounuses and the names. Also, the Celts should be the only ones to have Furor Celtic - speaking of which - Furor Celica should last 1 minute, and could only be uttered every 7 minutes. You are correct the Germans were more concerned about blistering their feet, but I was trying to be general with my peoples (this also includes the Huns) - the Gallic nobles deffinitly rode on horses.

To clear things up - You can have only five* of these special units at one time, you can however make them constantly. Senators convert your villagers into Legionaries.

Note that the senator and philosopher are like normal citizens, just better and they have their special bounses.

Bugs

Centurions - can order pilum attack** twice instantaniosly, and then he is goning to have to wait Five minutes.

War Chieftan - Every 5 minutes the open gap order could be issued.

Carthagnian Officer - Can convert animals just like a priest, except that he can convert 4 times before he has to recharge. Also, depending if WFG uses RoN's system of transportation, then if not, the officer can allow the people in his LOS to simply move across the water(with correct graphics of course!), also the foraging capablities is the same as the animal conversion.

*This is simply so that as your trying to start a colony a senator/philosopher would be an excellent bounus to have there, or an officer would be an excellent bounus to the newly formed army. You see this allows you to remain in dicrect command of your people, while still haveing a governing body.

**I loved that in EE-AoC the Legionaries had pilums, but it was too hard to throw them, this time all you do is push a button(you don't get to aim) and the pilums fly.

Gauls didn't have closer relations to the Celts, they were Celts. The Gauls is generally something the Romans invented to name a certain region and the people who lived there. The region was called Gaul (Gallia), so the Celts living there were also called Gauls. There are a few exception, some tribes in Belgica (a region in Gallia, now Belgium, part of The Netherlands, France and Germany) were probably Germanic and some tribes who lived close to the Rhine.

I think you think of Celts are those who live(d) in Brittain and Ireland? Well, they certainly looked like Celts and the Romans wrote they were descendants of tribes from Belgica. We always thought there was a Celtic invasion in Brittain and Ireland, but recently some historians are telling there aren't any really proofs of that invasion. So some people are guessing there were no Celts in Brittain or Ireland, that they were merely influenced by them. Another possibility is that the Celts lived there forever, but that's quite impossible since the actual Celts originate from Eastern Europe (I'm not sure if I'm right here, could be Asia).

Anyway, the differences between Germans and Celts are mainly the languages and the way they lived. Celts built towns, sometimes walled and fortified. Germans lived scattered, in small communities. Celts were a lot more advanced, comparable to the Romans. Germans were not, Tacitus refers to them as quite lazy and only caring about free time, drinking and fighting. That's one similarity though, both Celts and Germans liked to fight. I read somewhere that if a Celtic tribe didn't find an enemy to fight long enough they fought other Celtic tribes. If there weren't any other tribes to fight against they fought against eachother.

Something about the Huns. You can't really place them with Germans. They have absolutely nothing in common, except that they were enemies, and both enemies of Rome. The Huns are the reason why the Germans invaded Gaul and eventually Rome, they were being fought in their homeland by the Huns, so they fled. You better use the Huns as a civilization on its own if you want to be historically correct.

Okay Klaas, I get what your saying THE GAULS ARE CELTIC. So why does 0 A.D. have the two peoples - unless I have been misinformed. Also, I fully agree with you that the Huns, and Gemans are two entirely different peoples, BUT they did have similar leaders - besides if we want to be PERFICTLY historically accurate with detail, then we should be reading a history book instead of playing a game(See ad_nerfadec I was listening to your argument). By the way, I do beleive that we should be historically accurate, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Yep, you're right about that, you can't be 100% historacly accurate in a game.

Well I guess they split them up because to the Romans the Gauls were their most feared enemy, they even sacked Rome in +/- 320 BC, something not even the Carthagians managed to do. Anyway, as you might see, in 0ad the Celts are split up: Britons, Gauls and Iberians. They were the three main groups.