Social media feedback.

Lion.Kanzen

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

If I understand correctly the person is wondering why there is no visible garrisoning on gates. If that's the case, it's because the engine does not support it yet. See D1418. This something I've been asking for, for a long time.

As @Angen pointed out, it's actually perfectly possible to allow placing units on gates; the issue is that those units are within the gate's <PassRange>, which means it will always remain open, which kind of defeats its purpose.

However, I don't seen why short wall segments are supposed to be ungarrisonable; hence D2477.

9 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Japan would be a great addition to the game though.

Just because Japan is influential nowadays doesn't make it significant in antiquity. (Han China was.)

3 minutes ago, Nescio said:

As @Angen pointed out, it's actually perfectly possible to allow placing units on gates; the issue is that those units are within the gate's <PassRange>, which means it will always remain open, which kind of defeats its purpose.

The problem is their obstruction. A ram can't pass if there units on top of the wall... I knew it was possible it was actually done in the han faction

4 minutes ago, Nescio said:

However, I don't seen why short wall segments are supposed to be ungarrisonable; hence D2477.

I'm not sure. @borg- what do you think?

4 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Han China was.

Stay tuned.

13 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

People flippin' love it! To be fair, they love everything LordGood produces. Japan would be a great addition to the game though. Mod or not... 

Of course I do.
I promote the mods on my website. Terra Magna is one of the complementary pillars to 0 A.D.

Trying to attract other preferences.

The tastes cycle is completed with Starcraft and Warcraft style mods.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Just because Japan is influential nowadays doesn't make it significant in antiquity. (Han China was.)

Sure, that's true... You know I'm just a dreamer that likes all the civs from Antiquity. Yayoi just look really charming, and few games ever depict this period of Japan. Han Chinese were of course the big boys of the East, but it's also nice to give them some local sparring partners, like Xiongnu and Yayoi... Yayoi were relatively isolated, but they did actually have contacts with the mainland, and there is evidence for trade, at least. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Sure, that's true... You know I'm just a dreamer that likes all the civs from Antiquity. Yayoi just look really charming, and few games ever depict this period of Japan. Han Chinese were of course the big boys of the East, but it's also nice to give them some local sparring partners, like Xiongnu and Yayoi... Yayoi were relatively isolated, but they did actually have contacts with the mainland, and there is evidence for trade, at least. 

Himiko or Pimiko (卑弥呼, c. 170–248 CE) was a shamaness-queen of Yamatai-koku in Wakoku (倭国). Early Chinese dynastic histories chronicle tributary relations between Queen Himiko and the Cao Wei Kingdom (220–265), and record that the Yayoi period people chose her as ruler following decades of warfare among the kings of Wa. Early Japanese histories do not mention Himiko, but historians associate her with legendary figures such as Empress Consort Jingū, who was regent (c. 200–269) in roughly the same era as Himiko.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Of course I do.
I promote the mods on my website. Terra Magna is one of the complementary pillars to 0 A.D.

Trying to attract other preferences.

The tastes cycle is completed with Starcraft and Warcraft style mods.

Well if people like starcraft and warcraft, they can always try Hyrule Conquest :)