Social media feedback.

Lion.Kanzen

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Tell them we are doing the best we can to release another version but that it might take a few more months...

Yes, always I use the roadmap and  release blocker thing to explain the delay.

It occurs to me to ask a question and answer in Discord with staff members or a video/podcast on or somewhere you think is convenient.

7 minutes ago, Stan` said:

@Lion.Kanzen Timezone an avaibility might still be an issue.

That is why asking and try to plan we can use some western hemisphere  timezone.

So we can use some late hours that's why we need the survey/pool first to see how select a  timezone.

• Record the stream upload to YT or some platform.
  • Redistribute the video for all social networks.
  • Translate (sub) the video if the video is a podcast or streaming for non English speaker. 

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Just now, Stan` said:

@Lion.Kanzen Can you try to come up with a number of how many people would be interested ?

Yes that's part of my plan.

Remember have more than a month or weeks to announce this in case have a positive review.

We can have other alternative more practical but less inclusive with the public.

A podcast to reply common ask about different topics. The point will be:

• Get information about A24.
  • Team report recorded about issues.
  • About being volunteer to catch more of them.
  • About mods.
  • About hardware and optimization.
  • The future of 0 A.D. (This rise the hype a lot).
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@Sundiata thoughts

I mirrored your post about development progress, with a little more information and there seem to be a few bites: 2 programmers and an artist showed interest, 2 other programmers were tagged by their friends and there were 9 shares :P.

1996165007_0ADFacebookpostdevprogress.thumb.jpg.8a017d50ce58ef3e09d8cad9e53b000c.jpg

People definitely respond positively to open and honest communication. They don't mind if development takes a while, as long as they know development is ongoing. They just need to be reminded sometimes that it's Open Source, volunteer based, and free. Then they will be more sympathetic to "delays", although I think that's the wrong word to use. There are no delays, because there is no fixed schedule, nor would a fixed schedule benefit anyone at this stage. It will just lead to stress, unnecessary friction and burnouts. 

On a previous post, one of the fans said: "Este juego es como el vino porque entre mas tiempo pasa, más bueno se pone" 

A livestream with devs, a podcast or some youtube Q&A really isn't a bad idea, but it's also time consuming and perhaps a bit stressful, if you want to do it right. As you said, it needs to be announced well in advance, and people need to be prepared. I think currently the devs are in the middle of discussing some things to try to get a slightly smoother development process going, so I'd wait at least a month or so, to see how the programming side goes, and then, when the devs feel comfortable/confident enough with the direction of development, they can think about "releasing" a simple roadmap with some specific plans for alpha 24, easy to understand for the fans. Just a list of bullet points, followed by a live Q&A stream. Of course this all depends on the devs themselves, who probably prefer to spend their time coding, but perhaps one or two would be interested. Perhaps if some of the artists are interested, I'm sure they have a lot to say/share as well, and could provide a lot of visual interest for a well prepared stream. 

Either way, I think it would be a really good initiative, to engage the community in such an interactive way, but be prepared for a lot of work, for something on which you might not see immediate returns (more of a long term positive effect). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello (sorry for my bad english), you do very good work. The game is great. But I have a question. Can you make animation for units on tower and gate? And more units for Romans. Thanks.

Just checking, what's actually the reason we don't have those?

Perhaps even being able to garisson the towers with artillery, to compliment the new artillery towers, or would that be complete overkill? 

gate has problem with units visibly garrisoned because it thinks they are on the ground and will keep opened. 

For units visible on defense towers, I think we just do not have towers for that. Towers do have windows and roof. They do not have just opened place for them to show. And it would mean enemy can shoot them down like on the walls. 

• Thanks 1

If I understand correctly the person is wondering why there is no visible garrisoning on gates. If that's the case, it's because the engine does not support it yet. See D1418. This something I've been asking for, for a long time.

To be able to have both visible garrisoning and specific spots for artillery we need someone to review D2308. But remains the size issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1