Why are slingers so good?

Sauron0424

"They cost stone" Well this is not exactly true.  While the need for stone can increase the amount of time required to create slingers, all you need is to start gathering it from the beginning. Also with the stone provided even in the low resources configuration it is possible to have extra units at the cost of only food and some wood, this basically explains why slinger rush is so successful and widely used among those so called "professional players".  I really believe that the existence of overpowered slingers is something to diminish the gameplay and some well known issue among the game user base. I'm not sure if the developers are aware of it, but until something changes most players will be sticking to slingers and relying on them as their main strategy.

10 hours ago, surpriuss said:

"They cost stone" Well this is not exactly true.  While the need for stone can increase the amount of time required to create slingers, all you need is to start gathering it from the beginning. Also with the stone provided even in the low resources configuration it is possible to have extra units at the cost of only food and some wood, this basically explains why slinger rush is so successful and widely used among those so called "professional players".  I really believe that the existence of overpowered slingers is something to diminish the gameplay and some well known issue among the game user base. I'm not sure if the developers are aware of it, but until something changes most players will be sticking to slingers and relying on them as their main strategy.

So, basically you agree with me?

Another aspect is that is easier to balance resources as well, if you're strapped for wood, make more slingers; if for stone, make spearmen. At the same time stone closeness to base means it's easier to secure and you have more men near farms early on, the fixed position means less resources and time spent building storehouses.

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1