snelius

Borg Expansion Pack Mod implementation in 0ad alpha 24 release.

5 hours ago, borg- said:

I want to take the opportunity to say that the letter "H" is not working correctly in svn. Some units are not attacking the nearest and running towards the enemy.

@Freagarach @wraitii

6 hours ago, borg- said:

I want to take the opportunity to say that the letter "H" is not working correctly in svn. Some units are not attacking the nearest and running towards the enemy.

Got a replay for that?

• Thanks 1

@borg- possible targets are not ordered by distance. Unit always just attacks first possible target which is able based on stance.

Edit: Actually range manger is sorting all targets by distance. Had not that targeted units preferred classes ?

Edited by Angen

5 hours ago, Angen said:

@borg- possible targets are not ordered by distance. Unit always just attacks first possible target which is able based on stance.

Edit: Actually range manger is sorting all targets by distance. Had not that targeted units preferred classes ?

No. If you press H again, it works correctly.

Edited by borg-

To be more exact, around 8:23, some of my camels attack the slings that are taking stone, but they should focus on the women who were much closer.

I had noticed this a long time ago, I think I had already told elexis.

Edited by borg-

16 hours ago, borg- said:

7 hours ago, badosu said:
4 hours ago, borg- said:

To be more exact, around 8:23, some of my camels attack the slings that are taking stone, but they should focus on the women who were much closer.

I had noticed this a long time ago, I think I had already told elexis.

It took some time to figure out but this seemed to have happened:

When pressing "Stop" on an unit one sends it to the IDLE state. In that state there is a timer (set to fire on the next turn) to attack units which are close. There is also a listener that fires when there are new units entering the LOS of the unit. When that listner fires, it immidiately switches out of the IDLE state to attack the nearest new unit.

In this case, there was a LOS update on the same turn as the camel archer entered the IDLE-state, therefore the abovementioned listner switched the camel archer out of the IDLE state before the timer could fire and the unit started to attack the nearest newly visible unit (the slinger gathering stone).

I hope this clarifies it? Otherwise, please ask :)

1 hour ago, Freagarach said:

It took some time to figure out but this seemed to have happened:

When pressing "Stop" on an unit one sends it to the IDLE state. In that state there is a timer (set to fire on the next turn) to attack units which are close. There is also a listener that fires when there are new units entering the LOS of the unit. When that listner fires, it immidiately switches out of the IDLE state to attack the nearest new unit.

In this case, there was a LOS update on the same turn as the camel archer entered the IDLE-state, therefore the abovementioned listner switched the camel archer out of the IDLE state before the timer could fire and the unit started to attack the nearest newly visible unit (the slinger gathering stone).

I hope this clarifies it? Otherwise, please ask :)

Ok, but that's a problem no?
This does not happen in alpha 23 or previous.