(A24) [23133] Stan vs Angen

Stan`

• 1 month later...

Focusing on you guys' gameplay rather than a24 changes here.

First and foremost, reading The road to expert esp. point 2 once before you go to sleep until it became part part of your ADN, you would have your town be super stronger at any time starting at minute 1 haha ;) Yeah this guide is 3 yrs old already but still has a lot (hidden in the comments too). Other than that Stan`may I ask how many time you spent on eg

- 20 tips to improve your skills by Borg-
- Tom 0AD tips 2019 eg '0AD Tips MG05 - Fast food'

PS Tell Angen he could stop checking the code while playing, his guys and lads need him man ;)

PPS: may I ask what sort of perf does the graph @elexis added to your replay's files shows, load? cpu/thread?

10 minutes ago, tuk0z said:

PPS: may I ask what sort of perf does the graph @elexis added to your replay's files shows, load? cpu/thread?

See EngineProfiling and Profiler2 :)

11 minutes ago, tuk0z said:

First and foremost, reading The road to expert esp. point 2 once before you go to sleep until it became part part of your ADN, you would have your town be super stronger at any time starting at minute 1 haha ;) Yeah this guide is 3 yrs old already but still has a lot (hidden in the comments too). Other than that Stan`may I ask how many time you spent on eg

- 20 tips to improve your skills by Borg-
- Tom 0AD tips 2019 eg '0AD Tips MG05 - Fast food'

Yeah I actually read borg's thread, but I'm a bit rusty and wanted to benefit from the women aura :)

22 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Yeah I actually read borg's thread, but I'm a bit rusty and wanted to benefit from the women aura :)

Actually you made a good job on that. As well as on exploring and choosing the more efficient location for you def building. Now what I meant is:

2. Practice until you can have constant production of units from your CC (Civic Center) for the first 10+ minutes.  You should never let it be idle until you're in age III.  That means:

ie. 2 gaul houses built at minute 5 is a tad bit on the low side ;) Though not sure but it might take way longer to reach 1 GB RAM this way.

27 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Measure the game engine perf finegrained, eg somehow similar to a browser [JS and so on] benchmark, with EngineProfile specialized for CPU cycles more or less?

> after the 15th minute, we can reasonably assume players are skirmis...

See that ?-)

About profiling the "game perfs" (not me hijacking your replay post here ;), is there a thread that'd take newcomers a bit by the hand (trying to explain what you're measuring a bit step by step), or is that this one?

1 hour ago, tuk0z said:

THank you but na, I felt overwhelmed while trying to enter the information  my way into the thread; mostly for I was unable to differentiate between the main (aka global or basic) and the hyper detailed parts.

I guess I could help you understand some parts :)

One subject, one thread is my way so here it is man:

The part of your profiling tools that help to find out where does the memory usage get :drink:(eg which component) is what would have me in, Stan`. Maybe open a specific post if there's no article already about that? Please note that further (deeper, fine grained) testing is all I could do AFAIK --but that, I'll do :)