game balance is beyond bad

PLautus1

ships cant ram.

Swordcav and Lancecavis useless. Archers own them in mass!

U still dont get notified when u r in a battle wiht a player and another player is raping ur base.

Ship battles are lame (no special attacks, no fire tirime etc, just arrows like wtf.)

Macedonians have +10% attack bonus vs Persians?! Unfair and unrealistic. I have to ban them every time I play as Persians.

Persians and Carthanians tradebonus got nerfed (stop nerfing every cultural benefit), 25% extra HP for cav is only 20% because of some stupid upgrade in the stable.

Ballista are totally overpowered. 3 ballista can rape army of 100 with eles.

Melee units are trying to convert opponents siege instead of destroying it.

Slingers are somewhat overpowered ( their walking speed is too high, they can escape cav)

Further sugguestions:

Add some Asian culture (Chinese/Han)! That also gets 10% pop bonus.

Improve wall building, so that it automatically closes the gaps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PLautus1 said:

wher are the replies? |! 

Well you mainly stated facts with which I agree. You also offered two solutions which do not help the issue. Adding a 14th civilisation while nice would not help make the game more balanced. You can still convince your friends to play Terra Magna :)or DE (which might more balanced even though you lose the Random Maps)

For the wall thingy it's planned

7 minutes ago, ethanray94 said:

@badosu practice has nothing to do with a game being unbalanced 

Pratice is the only reason you are not banned :) With practise comes patience. I'm just wondering though, if Age of Empires is so much better, why are you not spreading your love on their forums instead of spreading your hate of this FLOSS game here ? :)

• Like 2

practice has nothing to do with a game being unbalanced 

> Swordcav and Lancecavis useless. Archers own them in mass!

Does not seem like someone who understands interactions between these units.

> U still dont get notified when u r in a battle wiht a player and another player is raping ur base.

Not sure what this means, I think it's lack of attention span unless it's a bug I never faced.

> Ballista are totally overpowered. 3 ballista can rape army of 100 with eles.

I am not sure an experienced player would have an issue here, ballistas are powerful yes but they have major drawbacks that can be easily overcame.

> Melee units are trying to convert opponents siege instead of destroying it.

I mean, I understand that the defaults may not be your personal preference, most of the time you'll want to destroy instead of capturing. But not paying attention to a simple default is not reason to blame 'balance beyond bad'.

practice has nothing to do with a game being unbalanced

This assertion is true, it does not mean that the accusations aforementioned are objective truths as opposed to frustration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ships being unable to ram, unable to know if you're being attacked, missing Factions.
These aren't balance issues. They're more gameplay-related issues.

Anyway, people here can differentiate between the Complaints that Deserve Sympathy and the Complaints that are Plain Trolling. Posts that assume the latter just insults the admins' intelligence and are easy to dismiss.

Instead of just complaining, why not join the posts where people are actually trying to solve them? You know... Battle Sounds, Game Balance, etc. are being talked about just before you posted here...

which makes me think that you just cobbled together a rushed set of complaints based on the Forum Topics.

• Thanks 1

I must say that I partially agree with this, but I believe that the goal of this game is not to be played hardcore, like badosu said? don't waste your time trying to practice and improve with something that's unbalanced by nature ! if you really want to play this at it's state-of-art level, like others fellow players, why not start playing with the same civilizations they do!? take Athenians for instance, they have everything you need to become overpowered: slingers and catapults. If you mix them both you become unbeatable ! others civilizations are just too weak and most people  never play with . Mauryans, Kushites & Carthagians are some of then. Now let's talk about reality . the Carthaginians ruled the world in North Africa ,  I believe that Romans had a really bad time to conquer then! And what do you you know about Celtics conquering other civilizations ? And despite this in this game they get a really unfair degree of tribal warfare , I mean common! Slingers can even defeat heavy infantry  just throwing rocks at them, no wonder why most people just play theses . And what about formations!? They're meaningless. Have you even seen how your spear units perform when they're on formation? They bug, and they leave formation, with no cohesion they simply die fighting alone every man by himself, and this once was the most effective way of ancient war in the past . In this game 'bullets' from slingers thrown at ~200km/h can  penetrate  any soldier's armor and kill him. It's unreal and unfair. This game is meant to be played with friends who doesn't  take it too seriously because you can clearly see that some civilizations are more predominant than others.

6 hours ago, PLautus1 said:

if i was admin I would ban this guy for a week, actually anyone who talks complete nonesense

Who?  I think you should keep calm. You don't ask for trouble. If you can't do that, when your head gets hot, you can stay in the fridge.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, PLautus1 said:

si yo fuera administrador, prohibiría a este tipo durante una semana, en realidad cualquiera que hable sin tonterías

You have no idea about this game, learn to play and then write posts like this one.

Greetings.

PD: You're right in some points, just in some

Edited by Stockfish

On 11/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, PLautus1 said:

si yo fuera administrador, prohibiría a este tipo durante una semana, en realidad cualquiera que hable sin tonterías

What the hell are you writing here man? Are you ok? Here we have Balistaman, the man that if you don't think like him, bans you with balista's bows 

Edited by Stockfish

I'm locking this topic because it's not getting us further. Feel free to state opinions on balancing that are not already mentioned elsewhere on the forum but please do so in a factual tone ideally proposing thought through solutions if at hand, thanks ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• FeXoR locked this topic