Texture quality

Enter details

14 minutes ago, Enter details said:

Does that mean there's no way to change the texture quality?

When reducing shader quality you remove three textures from the game ao spec and normal maps which effectively makes the games look worse. But indeed you can't have blurry textures because the game only offers one texture size. I believe it should be possible but I haven't found a way to do it. Disabling GLSL also disables some fancy effect that might be hard on a GPu.

I guess you are doing this to avoid the 'lag' ? In this case try reducing the max population and playing on smaller map size.

In the system requirements, the game claims to require 512 mb ram and 128 mb graphics memory. There's no way that's anywhere close to what it needs. I'm trying to run this on my old laptop with linux that has 4gb ram and 1gb video memory and it's unplayable. Do you know what the actual requirements for this game are?

4 minutes ago, Enter details said:

In the system requirements, the game claims to require 512 mb ram and 128 mb

I'm afraid those are severely outdated, I can't give you a good estimate though, but your specs seems to be enough, 0 A.D. runs on a RPI4

What CPU and or GPU does your laptop have ?