Documentation writer - Andreas

Beise

ToDo: Discussion with reviewer about long text (sentences). In footnotes or not. I say yes, no explanations above.

@Beise Can you elaborate on this?

Test: Is the registration of the version sufficient for search or assignment?

German translation for Alpha XXII Venustas, Build: 09.03.2018as invisible Text or should we write this visible in the footnote? Or not at all?

Usually you do not need to do that as wiki pages are versioned and dated.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Translation_DE/HotKeys?action=history

BTW: Is there a discussion page like in wikipedia?

I do not think so. I think it is best to use the forums, in an organized manner.

Hi Stan,

ist there a reason, why in Manual_Buildings are the path to the pictures are shown, but not the picts?

Attached that, what i see on the english site. I have seen, that they are not linked, but better unvisible Link, or?

Thanks

Screenshot_buildings.png

Edited by Beise

15 minutes ago, Beise said:

@Stan`

Please take a look at "Translation_DE/Manual_Buildings" . Which form of picts are better?

thanks

Andreas

So definitely the buildings with no backgrounds as they look nicer! If it's possible to make the white background transparent so it looks good on dark mode as well that'd be perfect. As for the description I'd say on the right :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Stan`   FYI

Hi, want translate the settings page and have seen, that my 0AD version is not the current one (as you can read in the picture).

The reason is, that in the opensuse repos is a version 0.0.22/Alpha XXII Venustas. You found it e.g. also in the game repo of 15.1

And in the description of Opensuse Inst must be small changes, because there are more installation routes to install , then described,

e.g. with search in  https://software.opensuse.org/package/0ad and direct installation.

is there a way to give me a current rpm? (on the other hand, my windows version is the new one. maybe it's enough.

Andreas

Edited by Beise

Hey Andreas,

Thanks for the hard work so far. I will try to get in touch with the OpenSuse packagers to see why they are not using the latest version. In the meantime you can either compile it yourself (if you need help just ask here) or wait.

If you have windows and downloaded the latest package you should be fine.

If you want the bleeding edge (SVN) version you can get it by following the instructions on the wiki. I guess you could try to convert a deb to a rpm with alien but I don't recommand it.

You can also use https://software.opensuse.org/package/snapd  to download @oSoMoN snap package. You should have both the last release and the dev version there.

Hi Stan,

all is well. I installed the tumbleweed version, which is the 023 and it works well under my 15.1. The suse people has to correct 15.1 and 15.2, which have the old version.

Ah, and a request. Please delete the attachments from the buildings wikiside, in the next days i put the new pictures inside.

Edited by Beise